Barot Valley Trekking and Camping by Nature Nest 2019
Batch 1: 07th to 11th December 2019
Batch 2: 21st To 25th December 2019
Max Altitude: - 6001 Ft.
Barot, located in the Nagru Wildlife Sanctuary, deep in the valley of the Uhl (A right bank tributary of the Beas River), is easily accessible. Uhl river and Lamadug, its tributary is full of rainbow trout. Barot is also the site of the intake reservior of the Sannan Hydro Power Project designed and executed by Colonel Betty in 1925. The hill side are thickly forested with deodar, oak, blue pine and spruce. Small villages located alongside fast flowing mountains streams and tiny terraced fields present are a charming site.
Barot a village, originally developed in 1920s for Shanan Hydel Project is now a tourist location in Mandi district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. Barot was difficult to access until 1975 when a road was opened. It is situated 40 km from Jogindernagar and 66 km from Mandi, the district headquarters. The road to Barot branches off at Jogindernagar-Mandi highways and from Jogindernagar the distance is 40 km. It is sometimes possible to use the funicular trolley from Jogindernagar which reduces the distance to 12 km. The road route includes terraced fields and thick cedar forests, rising to Jhatingri at the hilltop. The remains of the summer palace of the former rulers of Mandi are located here. Through the little village of Tikkan, the road carries on to Barot. The town has a range of outdoor activities, including a trout breeding centre from where fish are released into the Uhl. A 30 km section of the river is used for angling.
Barot also forms the gateway to the Nargu Wildlife Sanctuary which lies across the Uhl. The sanctuary is home to the monal, black bear and ghoral. Within it are forest rest house at Thaltuckhod and Silbandhwari. Through woods of cedar and pine a trek route cuts across the sanctuary to Kullu.
“A trekker’s PARADISE”
Day 1: Reach Bid Village – Paragliding at Billing and Stay at Joginder Nagar (Bid)
Day 2: Joginder to Barot Village and Parashar Lake by Car and stay Near Parashar Lake
Day 3: By Car – Parashar lake Rest House to Manali and Stay at Manali
Day 4: Manali Sight Seeing and Stay
Day 5: After B/Fast – Departure
Brief details about Raj Gunda:
Raj Gunda village is in Multhan Tehsil of Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh, India. It is situated 126km away from district headquarter Multhan. Multhan is the sub-district headquarter of Raj Gunda village. As per 2009 stats, Baragran is the gram panchayat of Raj Gunda village.
The total geographical area of village is 185.43 hectares. Raj Gunda has a total population of 63 peoples. There are about 16 houses in Raj Gunda village. Jogindarnagar is nearest town to Raj Gunda.
So, what exactly is paragliding?
If you are acquainted with the term gliding, paragliding is just about adding wings to your jump. It is a glide that uses an inflated wing (nylon canopy) of an aerofoil shape–just like any other pair of wings. Paragliders use highly portable aircrafts which can be folded enough to be carried in a rucksack.
One of the cheapest and most convenient flying styles, paragliding relies upon the pressure difference created by air currents to stay aloft. Usually, a flier takes off from the top of a hill. However, at times, a winch is used to tow a flier into the air– as sailplanes do. The flight is supremely controlled, extremely adventurous and completely safe provided one follows the safety guidelines.
- Arrival at Joginder Nagar - Bid
- Arrival approx. 08.00 a.m.
- B/Fast – Not included in Package,
- After B/Fast – By Car – 16 Km.: Bari to Paragliding Area,
- Paragliding Optional
- Some details about Para Gliding
- Paragliding Flight Time: 15 Min. to 30 Min.
- Take off Site approx. 8000 ft.
- Landing site approx. 4300 ft.
Evening Tea and Snacks
Stay in Rest House or Hotel at Bid
- Bid to Barot Valley Village Trek and By Car Prashar Lake
- Morning Tea
- B/Fast (After B/Fast Move to Barot Valley and Prashar Lake)
- After having a good tight sleep, have the healthiest breakfast and get ready to continue your trek. For today, your destination will be Barot Valley and Prashar Lake.
- Barot, located in the Nagru Wildlife Sanctuary, deep in the valley of the Uhl (A right bank tributary of the Beas River), is easily accessible. Uhl river and Lamadug, its tributary is full of rainbow trout. Barot is also the site of the intake reservoir of the Sannan Hydro Power Project designed and executed by Colonel Betty in 1925. The hill side are thickly forested with deodar, oak, blue pine and spruce. Small villages located alongside fast flowing mountains streams and tiny terraced fields present are a charming site.
- Long Walk – Approx. 12 Km. Flat and 2 Km. On Mountains – Total Approx 14 Km.
- Stay Near Prashar Lake – Rest House or Hotel
Evening Tea & Snacks
Stay in Tents or Cottages
- Prashar Lake to Manali – By Car
- Morning Tea
- B/Fast and Post B/Fast move to Parashar Lake by Car
- Parashar Lake to Manali - Approx 4 Hrs. - Driving Distance 115Km.
- Arrival at Manali – Burwa, Shikharpar Guest House
- Lunch – Rest and Manali Sight Seeing by your own
Car or Tempo Traveller
Evening Tea and Snacks
Stay in Shikhar Par Guest House
- Manali Market – Hidimba Temple – Vashist Hot Water Spring etc.
- Bada Khana - Dinner
- Vote of Thanks – Feedback – Certificate Distribution
Evening Tea and Snacks
Stay in Shikhar Par Guest House
- Late B/Fast
- Manali Purchasing
- Lunch at Market
- Evening Departure to Delhi by Volvo (Travelling Food not Included)
Bus Stand Drop
- Rs. 8,500/participant - Joginder Nagar to Manali
- Age Group: 8 Yrs. To Medically/Mentally/Physically fit.
- Trek Grade: Easy to Difficult (Depend on your Physical Ability)
- Food as mentioned in itinerary
- Accommodation on quadruple sharing (4 People in 1 Room and 4 People in 1 Tent)
- Girls and Boys Separate Accommodation
- Guide / Cook and other Professionals
- Any Expenses of Personal nature such as Travel and medical insurance, Drinks, Laundry, Telephone/Fax, Calls, Additional Porterage or transportations
- Any additional Expenses caused by reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, Etc.
- Any tips, and any meals apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Any other tax or service charge or stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by you.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the Includes sections.
- “Shikhar Par” Manali, Himachal Pradesh, will have all authority to make any changes and final Decision.
- Please Note: All programs are subject to change without prior notice.
- Smoking and Any Kind of Alcohol Drinks not allowed During Program
- All travellers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, ted. Related to international travel.
- “Shikhar Par and Organiser” shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travellers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
Caution & Remarks:
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid Medic*tion such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and antihistamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS-Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
- If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek, an email intimation needs to be sent to bmF0dXJlbmVzdCB8IG5vc3RhbGdpYWV2ZW50cyAhIGlu. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone. However, you can call to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
- The cancellation charges are as under:
- Cancellations prior to 90 days from the start of the trek — full refund.
- Cancellation between 89 days and 40 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
- Cancellation less than 39 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
- Note: If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances (like rains, earthquake, landslides, strike/bandh etc), Shikharpar, Manali, Himachal Pradesh is not responsible and will not give any refund.
- Drop out during trek: If for some reason a participant drops out from the trek on any day then Shikharpar, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, will make arrangements for his/her return up to Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali must be borne by the participant.
Some Tips Backpacking Checklist:
01. Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
02. Insulation (Jacket/ Personal Clothing’s/ Fleece Gloves/ Hat or Cap)
03. Illumination (Headlamp or flashlight (Plus spare - Extra batteries)
04. Personal First-aid Kit.
05. Energy Food
06. Hydration Bag or Water Bottle
07. Bandana or Buff
08. Rainwear (jacket, pants) (Depend on Weather)
09. Boots or Shoes suited to terrain
10. Socks plus spares
12. Camera and memory cards - Optional
13. Binoculars - Optional
14. Notebook and pen or pencil
15. Credit/Debit card; small amount of cash
16. Earplugs and eye shade - UV Protected or Cat 4
17. Toilet paper
18. Insect repellent
19. Toothbrush and/or toiletry kit
21. Cell phone with Charger,
23. Personal Clothing (T. Shirts/Lowers/Under Garments etc.)
24. Thermal Inners
Last but most Important: Trip itinerary and Contact details left with friend or Home.