"A Nature Trail to Mumbai's Highest Point" is a trek to Jambulmal, the highest point in Mumbai which is located in the core of Sanjay Gandhi National Park Borivali (E) above the Kanheri caves complex.
This nature trail will be led by Nikit Surve, the young and promising wildlife zoologist whose recent project in June 2015 on leopard census in SGNP made breaking news across the city.
Read more about his work here: http://bit.ly/1MsqHbI
'Jambulmal' is considered as the highest point in Mumbai at a staggering height of 468 meters (1535 ft) above sea level. Enveloped by a dense forest in the core area of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, the trail is 2.5km from the gate of Kanheri Caves.
This trail is ideal for beginner trekkers and wildlife enthusiasts. At the top of Jambulmal, one witnesses an absolute amazing view of Tulsi and Vihar lakes along with a panoramic view of Powai to Dahisar.
With Nikit Surve's guidance and presence on this trail, one stands to experience and learn much in detail about the wondrous wildlife specifically in the SGNP forest. His deep understanding of the SGNP forest and its inhabitants will make this trial an enriching experience for any nature lover.
- Meet at Sanjay Gandhi National Park main gate at 7 AM.
- Meet and greet the team and other participants
- Start journey to Jambulmaal via vehicle
- Reach Kanheri Caves followed by briefing about trek
- Start the trek with bird watching, identifying flora and
- Reach the summit by 10 am and indulge in the beauty of
being on the highest point of Mumbai.
- Feast on Breakfast
- Descend towards Kanheri caves and board our vehicle back
- Trip ends by 12 - 1 pm.
- Transportation by Vehicle (Taxi/bus) from SGNP maingate to and fro
- Main Gate Ticket, Kanheri Caves Ticket
- Permissions & Special Ticket for entering the restricted Jambulmaal trail
- Wildlife Expert fee
- Certified Trek Expertise
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
To ensure our clients have the best and quality, and keeping in mind safety is our priority, we have a limited to our group size.
You may also like the following events from Jack & Hill Adventures: