Do you want to get notified when this event happens again?
This November, Jack and Hill Adventures wants to take you to one of Maharashtra’s favourite one day trek to PEB fort! Peb Fort gets its name from the local goddess 'Pebi' the fort is also known as 'Vikatgad Fort', It is is one of many forts near the Matheran range that makes the view from the summit an informative one, and offers a picturesque view of Malang gad, Tauli Hill and Chanderi fort. The summit of the peak is said to be shaped like Lord Ganesha, however there’s no idol of Ganesha in the temple. The fort was used by one the greatest king’s of India Shivaji, to store food grains and ammunition. There’s also a few more exciting things to pay attention to, the caves that’s enroute the summit, meditation chambers and a number of temples too. The fort was visited by Captain Dickinson in 1818.
- Meet at CST Station at 6.20 am
- Catch a Karjat bound train to Neral
- Reach Neral for Breakfast
- Board vehicle to base village 9.30
- Start trek to Peb Fort 10 am
- Reach summit of Peb Fort
- Explore the topography of the fort
- Begin our trek back through a separate route that bypasses through Matheran
- Reach Matheran entrance and board vehicle to Neral station
- Grab a train to CST reaching Mumbai by late evening
Cost: Rs 1499/-
- Local transport from Mumbai and back
- Hi Tea
- Guiding conducted by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering (J&K)
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR) trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International
To ensure we maintain a high standard of outdoor experiences with sufficient attention to safety, this trip is restricted to a limited group size.
You may also like the following events from Jack & Hill Adventures: