A Day Trek to Peb Fort
This Monsoon, Jack and Hill Adventures wants to take you to one of Maharashtra’s favourite one day trek to PEB fort! Peb Fort gets its name from the local goddess 'Pebi' the fort is also known as 'Vikatgad Fort', It is one of the many forts near the Matheran range that makes the view from the summit an informative one, and offers a picturesque view of Malang gad, Tauli Hill and Chanderi fort.
The summit of the peak is said to be shaped like Lord Ganesha, however there’s no idol of Ganesha in the temple. The fort was used by one of the greatest kings of India Shivaji, to store food grains and ammunition. There’s also a few more exciting things to pay attention to: the caves that are enroute to the summit, meditation chambers and a number of temples too. The fort was visited by Captain Dickinson in 1818.
- Meet at CST Station at 6.20 am
- Catch a Karjat bound train to Neral
- Reach Neral for Breakfast
- Board vehicle to base village 9.30
- Start trek to Peb Fort 10 am
- Reach summit of Peb Fort
- Explore the topography of the fort
- Begin our trek back through a separate route that bypasses through Matheran
- Reach Matheran entrance and board vehicle to Neral station
- Grab a train to CST reaching Mumbai by late evening
Cost: Rs 1299/-
- Local transport from Mumbai and back
- Hi Tea
- Guiding conducted by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering (J&K)
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR) trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International
To ensure we maintain a high standard of outdoor experiences with sufficient attention to safety, this trip is restricted to a limited group size.
Difficulty Level: Moderate level.
This means the ease of climbing up to the summit is Moderate, however the duration of the trek is long. Participants must be mentally prepared to walk for a few hours.
Uphill is approx 3 hrs of trekking one way. There will be stops during the trek for rest and
re-hydration. If you haven't been for a trek, you should know that there is a lot of walking. Moderate treks begin to present more of a challenge to first time trekkers. So these treks are suitable for any walker looking for something a little more challenging and energetic. However, we believe that the best views come after the hardest climbs. The payoff is always worth the effort.
At every summit, you are welcomed by the most majestic views & you learn that you are taking back home lifetime memories
HOW TO PACK & PREPARE:
- Rule no 1, Pack Light. The less heavy your bag is, the easier your trek will be
- Grab a Small to Medium sized "ONLY REALLY REALLY NEED’’
- To have a comfortable trek it’s best to stay hands-free
- This is CRUCIAL! A bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare
- Trekking shoes are best and recommended, running shoes or canvas might be troublesome
- Check your shoes for possible wear and tear
- 2 litres of water
- Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy
- Personal Identification
- Personal Medic*tion if any (Please do let us
know in advance about any medical conditions)
- Trekking gear is the best choice, sportswear is ideal too
- Full clothing is recommended to avoid itchiness from flora and fauna
- Jeans, saree is not recommended. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while hiking or climbing
Breakfast is not included. We will be stopping at a restaurant in Neral before the trek begins where participants may buy their meals.
Lunch: Participants are required to carry packed lunch. They may opt to pack lunch from the restaurant we will be stopping for breakfast at.
TREK GYANN / ATTITUDE:
Staying open minded, positive & faithful
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay
positive and open minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you,
this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother Nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, to not panic and to keep confidence in the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled before 6 pm on 21st June
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is cancelled after 6 pm on 21st June
To cancel your booking, send us an email on aW5mbyB8IGphY2thbmRoaWxsYWR2ZW50dXJlcyAhIGNvbQ==
For further enquiries and assistance, feel free to get in touch with our team on Call on +91 9833376765 or mail us at aW5mbyB8IGphY2thbmRoaWxsYWR2ZW50dXJlcyAhIGNvbQ==
You may also like the following events from Jack & Hill Adventures:
Also check out other Business Events in Mumbai
, Health & Wellness Events in Mumbai
, Trips & Adventurous Activities in Mumbai
Liked this event? Spread the word :