1200 ft Rappelling to Malshej Ghat
Rain, mist, fog, cascading waterfalls, raggedy landscapes, Thick forest, venerated rivers together form the refreshing and fascinating Malshej Ghat. Located at a height of 700 meters above sea level amidst the soaring ranges of western ghats offering a fascinating ecology.
Rich in bird and animals life, an attraction for those who wish to experience natures myriad wonders up close and personal. It has a charm that appeals to the adventure enthusiast, hikers, nature lovers, trekkers, outdoor lovers and to tourists.
This January, we take you on an adventurous rappelling trip to Malshej Ghat. through the ghat runs a waterfall named Kalu. The plan is to rappel the entire length of the waterfall whose total height is about 1200'. Dropping in five patches. After rappelling down the first two patches of 600', the participants will be staying on the open rock patch. Next day they have to cross next three patches to reach the base of the waterfall. This entire activity will stretch for 2 consecutive days.
Day 1: - Leave Mumbai by Tempo traveler on Friday Night. The bus will leave sharp at around 10pm from Borivali National park hitting the WE highway up until Sion towards which we will follow the Eastern express highway. Pick up points along the highway will be discussed with each and every participant and a predetermined spot will be designated.
Day 2, Saturday: We will reach Malshej Ghat early morning .Followed by a couple of hours of sound sleep, breakfast and tea will be served. We will start our 1hr fairly simple straight forward trek towards the source of the waterfall sharp at 7am.Post which a de brief will be given to all the participants for safety and precautions. Today you will rappel along the Kalu waterfall in 2 patches for a total of 650’.Please note you will have to carry packed lunch for this day. After all participants have completed the first 2 patches for the day, the group with set up camp on a rock patch. This rocky patch is perched precariously midway on the mountain. It’s one of the best spots to star gaze the beautiful winter sky in the Sahyadris. Post dinner and a bonfire we retire for the day sleeping under our billion star hotel.
Day 3, Sunday: We start our day early at dawn and after a quick breakfast .We start rappelling our final 3 patches of 600’ .It will be afternoon by the time we finish our adventures journey. However it isn’t over yet, as a scrumptious home cooked lunch awaits us at a nearby village. Post lunch we will head home and reach Mumbai by around 8pm subject to traffic.
For further details on cost and inclusions write to us at toglobingaround | gmail ! com or call us on +91 9833 316 275 or +91 9930 380 005.
Happy globing to you!!
Things To Carry: -
Torch with extra pair of cell
A Water Bottle (2 Ltrs)
Lunch for Saturday
Glass, bowl, plate, spoon
Camera, Cell Phone (Optional)
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
Medicine those if you require usually (Optional)
Good trekking shoes or sports shoes with good grip
Extra pair of socks
Extra pairs of clothing
Sleeping bag, sleeping mat
A haversack to put all these things.
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
1. A scarf which can hold hairs is compulsory for girls
2. Participants have to carry their own bedding i.e sleeping bag or carry mat
3. Don't bring extra luggage for this Camp. It may be difficult for you to rappel down with a heavy sack.
Rules to be followed:-
• Valuable articles are not permissible
• Keep the camp site clean & force others to do so
• Please note that this area is under the jurisdiction of Govt of Maharashtra, Forest Department and you are bind to its rules and regulations
• Leaving your garbage at camp site is not allowed. Bring extra polythene bags for your garbage and take it at your home for proper disposal. We are not going to provide you dust bin at camp site. Please stick to this rules.
• Torch with extra pair of cells is compulsory
• Disposable materials like Styrofoam or paper dish, glass or bowl are not allowed. Instead of these, bring what you are using at home
• Smoking and Drinking not allowed
• Everything should be properly wrapped in polythene bags.
• Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
• No shortcut in the trek
You are coming on your own risk.
Also check out other Trips & Adventurous Activities in Mumbai, Sports Events in Mumbai.
Liked this event? Spread the word :