The Marangu Route is also known as the "Coca Cola" or "tourist" route. It is the easiest and shortest route to the summit. This is also the only route with the comforts of sleeping huts with solar lights and comfortable beds. The huts are communal, and the bunks have a sponge mattress and pillow. All climbing groups, often from several countries around the world, share meals in dining huts providing a jovial and energetic atmosphere.
This route is usually done on 5 days but can be done in 6 days for better acclimatization. The extra day can be spent resting at Horombo Huts or climbing the small peak of Mawenzi.
22nd March : pickup from Kilimanjaro Airport
Dinner and overnight at Hotel in moshi
23rd March : Marangu gate (1700m) - Mandara Hut 2740m – (5,500ft to 9,000ft) (FULL BOARD)
.24th March: Mandara Hut (2,740m) – Horombo Hut (3700m) - (9,000ft to 12,100ft) (FULL BOARD)
25th March : Horombo Hut (3700m) – Kibo Hut (4700m) - (12,100ft to 15,400ft) (FULL BOARD)
26th March: Kibo Hut (4,750m/15,580ft) to Summit (5,895m/19,340ft) to Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) (FULL BOARD)
Elevation Gain: 1,145 meters, 3,760 feet
Elevation Loss: 2,175 meters, 7,140 feet
27th March :Horombo Hut (3,720m/12,200ft) to Marangu Gate (1,800m/5,905ft)
Elevation Loss: 1,920 meters, 6,295 feet (FULL BOARD)
Dinner and overnight at Hotel in Moshi
28th March: Drop of to Kilimanjaro airport
Joining price : USD $ 1,288 P/P
Included in Price Package:
- Private transport from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
- 2 nights of accommodation at hotel in moshi.
- Private transport to and from the hotel to the Kilimanjaro Park Gate
- National Park entry fees and hut fees
- Kilimanjaro Park rescue team fees
- Government taxes
- 3 freshly-prepared delicious meals daily on the mountain prepared by professional cooks whom are happy to accommodate your dietary needs
- 3-4 liters of mineral/treated water per person per day
- Hot drinks on the mountain and hot water for washing
- Friendly and highly qualified mountain guides, assistant guides and professional cooks
- Enough Porters to carry camping gear and additional baggage
- Accommodation in Huts/camping
- Portable oxygen tanks, ox meter and emergency first-aid kit
- Porter’s Cook’s and Guide’s Salary.
The package does not include:
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel in Moshi before climb and before safari.
- Personal items and toiletries
- Tips for guides, porters and cook (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain http://www.kiliporters.org/tipping_recommendations.php
Tipping on Kilimanjaro from the trekking group (not per climber):
• Guides: $20/day/guide
• Cook: $15/day
• Porter: $10/day/porter
N/B: Our Guides, cooks and Porters are always satisfied with your thanks giving (tip) you have and not beyond your ability.
for more informational quickly reply WhatsApp us now +255768520557