Happy New Year Celebration at Uhuru Peak
6 DAYS 5 NIGHTS MOUNT KILIMANJARO VIA MACHAME ROUTE HAPPY NEW YEAR CELEBRATION TO UHURU PEAK FOR JUST $1490 PER PERSON
27th December : Pickup to Airport
You will be picked up from airport. From there you will go to the hotel in Moshi for an orientation on your trek. Your guides will be there to provide you with details on your trek and will also check your trekking gear.
Dinner and overnight at PANAMA GARDEN RESORT hotel in Moshi
28th December: Moshi-Machame gate-Machame Hut/camp.
In the morning transfer from your hotel to Machame Gate.This will take us one-hour drive. We will pick up the park passes, signing-in and weighing our luggages before heading off to the first camp. The firs section of the route climbs steadily and involves real jungle-bashing through magnificent forest. This start is a good introduction to Kilimanjaro and with prime examples of the forest that laces the foot of the mountain though is often wet and muddy underfoot. We will have our Dinner and overnight at Machame camp.(3100m)
Trekking Time:4-6 hours –Distance:9 km-Altitude Gain is 740
29th December: Machame camp-Shira Camp
The rout continues on up through the forest until we are at the steep ascent on the Shira Plateau,where there are rewarding views of the mountain. Looking back, you will see Mt.Meru rising high above Arusha town. We camp at Shira caves (3840m).We will have an evening walk of 100m high for altitude acclimatization(Walk high and sleep low).
Trekking Time:4-6-Distance:9 km-Altitude Gain: 740m
30th December : Shira Camp via Lava Tower -Baranco Camp
After breakfast we start a day by walking on high moorland, the landscape changes the entire character of the trek. We traverse the southwest side of Kilimanjaro, passing underneath the lava Tower and the final section of the Western Breach and finally reach camp at Barranco camp (3900m). The day has been spent at altitude (up to 4600m), but we have also followed the mountaineering code of ‘walk high, sleep low’ to avoid altitude sickness.
Trekking Time: 6-7hours-Distance: 15 km-Altitude Gain:60 m
31st December : Baranco Camp – Barafu Camp
Leave slowly crossing the floor of the great Barranco Valley and up the Barranco wall; continue the trek on the South Circuit path through the Karanga Valley. Then slowly trek (7 hours) to Barafu Hut (4600m). From Barafu you will have excellent views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. Barafu Hut is situated on an exposed and dangerous ridge, so it is necessary to familiarise yourself with the terrain before dark. We will have our dinner, rest and prepare for summit night.
Trekking Time: 7-8 Hours-Distance: 9km-Altitude Gain 800 m
1st January :Barafu Camp – Uhuru Peak (Summit)– Mweka/High Camp
We normally start our ascent by torchlight around midnight so that we can be up on the Crater rim by sunrise. The steeply climb over loose volcanic scree has some graded zigzags and a slow but steady pace will take us to Stella point (5735m.), in about 5-6 hours. We will rest there for a short time to enjoy the sunrise over Mawenzi. Those are still feeling strong can make the 2hours round trip from here along the Crater rim to Uhuru Peak (5895m.), passing close to the spectacular glaciers and ice cliffs that still occupy most of the summit area. The descend to Barafu campsite is surprisingly fast, and after lunch and other refreshments, we continue to descend to reach our final campsite (3100m.) Most of us will be too tired to notice the beauty of the forest surrounding the crowded campsite. (11-14 hours walking)
2nd January :mwekcamp-mwekagate
After breakfast, finish the trek with a descent to Mweka Gate. Your last hike on Kilimanjaro is a beautiful one, passing through Kilimanjaro's cloud forest. Watch your step during the descent, as the trail can be slippery. Our vehicles will be waiting at the lower station of Mweka Gate to take you back to Moshi.
At Mweka Gate gate you sign your name and details in a register book. This is also where successful climbers receive their summit certificates. Those climbers who reached Stella Point are issued with green certificates and those who reached Uhuru Peak (5895m), receive Golden certificates.
You now drive back to Moshi for a long overdue hot shower, dinner descent bed and celebrations!!
Dinner and overnight at PANAMA GARDEN RESORT hotel in Moshi
PRICE: $1490 Per person
Included in the packages;
• Private transport from the hotel to the Parks gate (starting point for the climb), and transport back to the hotel after the climb
• 2 Nights Hotel the night before and the night after the climb, with breakfast included
• Qualified medical guides
• Salaries for Guides, cook and porters.
• Pickup and drop off to the airport
• All National Park entry fees
• All camping fees
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
• Rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Park rescue team fees)
• Government taxes
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Evacuation services
• Friendly and competent Trained Mountain Guides, assistant guides, porters and professional cook.
• 3 full fresh meals daily. We provide fresh food on the mountain in plentiful and well prepared by skilled professional cook(we also consider your choice of food that you would prefer -Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian). Menu especially designed for climbers.
• Hot drinks on the mountain and Hot water for washing will be provide everyday on the mountain.
• Quality specious tents, sleeping mats, camping tables ,camping chairs and Mess/Dining Tent.
• Supplementary Portable Oxygen and Complete First Aid Kit (used in case of emergency only)
• Pulse oxy-meter carried by all chief guides
• 3-4 liters of mineral/treated water (per Climber) provided daily during the climb
.NOT INCLUDED IN OUR PACKAGES PRICES
Excluded from above package rates:
• Items of a personal nature
• Tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 300 per hiker - depending on number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• Personal Hiking/Trekking gears (Some Gears are available for Rent)
• Snacks& personal medicine
• Dinner and drinks at hotel
• Optional tours (Short safari after climb can be arranged with extra cost
Kilimanjaro additional costs:
• Tip to your guides, porters and cook. The recommended for this is $ 20 head guide per day, $ 20 per assistant guide per day, $ 15 per cook per day & $ 10 per porter per day. This can be split between each Client in the climb. Costs of additional services:
• Extra porter, for excess gear, per day $15
THANK YOU AND YOU ARE MOST WELCOME
Also check out other Trips & Adventurous Activities in Arusha, Business Events in Arusha.
Liked this event? Spread the word :