Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), event information may be out of date. Please confirm the details with event organizers. Also, now we have a list of online events for you to explore while staying safe at home.
The “Introduction to Volunteering” information session is targeted at people who may be interested in volunteering but would like to know more about what’s involved. You may have have thought about volunteering, but haven't taken that next step. The session is about providing general information and there is no expectation that people need to participate in any way other than listening, although all questions welcome.
The session will include:
- things to consider when thinking about volunteering
- different ways volunteering can benefit you
- logistics of making a choice (eg travel, time, other commitments) - background information about Southern Volunteering and how our service can assist you
- information on police checks
- an overview of the scope of volunteer positions available.
Member organisations can direct potential volunteers to the session.