Get up to speed about the fundamental principles of full brain network modeling using the open-source neuroinformatics platform The Virtual Brain (TVB).
The TVB NODE #7 Workshop has been strategically scheduled to take place preceding the annual Neuroinformatics Conference that will take place August 9-10th, also in Montreal QC, Canada.
FIND INCF 2018 EVENT DETAILS AT
TVB NODE#7 WORKSHOP PROGRAM
Simulated brains. Real memories.In the workshop we will explain the fundamental principles of full brain network modeling using the open source neuroinformatics platform The Virtual Brain (TVB). This simulation environment enables the biologically realistic modeling of network dynamics using connectome-based approaches across different brain scales. Configurable brain network models generate macroscopic neuroimaging signals including functional MRI, intracranial and stereotactic EEG, surface EEG and MEG for single subjects. Researchers from different backgrounds can benefit from an integrative software platform including a supporting framework for data management (generation, organization, storage, integration and sharing) and a simulation core written in Python.Workshop Format.
Lectures and hands-on tutorials. Participants are encouraged to bring their own data to work on.
Workshop Program Overview.• Theoretical background of large scale brain network modeling
• Architecture of TVB• Interacting with TVB using GUI and CLI• Preprocessing neuroimaging data, or how to obtain a TVB dataset
• Fitting the model parameters to the functional data
• Modeling brain stimulation, both human & mouse brain
• Investigating clinical indications with TVB (epilepsy
, stroke & neurodegenerative disease)• Modifying TVB code and implementing new features
• Bring your own data hands-on sessions: preprocessing and simulations
VIEW THE FULL PROGRAM HERE
Please make sure to register early as we only offer limited seats to ensure there are enough tutors for you.
REGISTRATION CLOSES July 15, 2018
Prepare for the workshop.
To get the most out of this workshop as an attendee, you might want to get a head-start by preparing your gear before you arrive:
1) Download and install the latest stable TVB package.
2) Test it in its current form to make sure it's compatible with your computing environment.
3) Familiarize yourself with the basics by browsing through the included manual. (once downloaded TVB, located at /TVB-Distribution/docs/UserManual.pdf)
4) If you are interested in modifying the code and contributing to TVB, also install the version control system Git.
In case of any technical problems with TVB installation, head over to the TVB mailing list, https://groups.google.com/forum/#
Equipment. Please bring your own laptops to work on, and follow the steps below to prepare your software environment.
Lodging. Participants are responsible for their accommodation.
Lunch. Lunch will be provided each day of the workshop, in addition to morning and afternoon coffee breaks.
TVB Node#7 is proudly supported by INCF and THEVIRTUALBRAIN