200hour Yoga Teacher Training (Ashtanga Vinyasa method)
with Jamie Lee CYA-E-RYT 500
June 30th - July 28th, 2018
Monday-Friday 7-11am & 12:30-4:30pm & Saturday's 8:00-12:00pm
United Yoga Montreal
Assisted by Veronique Landry, Peter Lavoie, Sacha Mathew and Terri McCollum.
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF ASHTANGA VINYASA & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
This Canadian Yoga Alliance accredited course in Montreal is designed for all passionate students wanting to explore and expand a personal yoga practice, learn about the healing power of the science itself and establish practical tools for sharing and teaching yoga professionally.
The course will explore the ancient science of yoga asana through the understanding of alignment based principles within ashtanga vinyasa yoga.
The basis for all yogic learning begins with the practice. Each day of the course will begin with a meditation and ashtanga asana practice, providing to you the inspiration and tools necessary to move your personal practice into a new domain of awareness.
This program is unique from others, as it encourages the teacher trainee to develop their own individualized unique approach of teaching yoga. Creativity and individuality are encouraged, nurtured, expected!
• A detailed examination and analysis of yoga asana, using three (3) main influences: architecture and alignment from the BKS Iyengar method infused into the movement based vinyasa method of T Krishnamacharya & Sri K Pattabhi Jois. Along with breath, vinyasa, bandha, and drishti will be the focal points of the asana component.
• This course will include a good amount of time on learning human physiology and anatomy of asana with its specific effects on the nervous and organic systems.
• We will explore the logic and art of asana sequencing, how to create safe and effective routines, plus instruction on how to wisely and safely adjust, modify and adapt specific asanas for all levels of students.
• Learn how to create and maintain a personal asana and meditation practice. Plus hatha, restorative and therapeutic asana systems that compliment the vinyasa practice.
• Teaching skills will emphasize proper verbal communication of how to instruct in a powerful yet supportive and concise manner.
• Additional topics include: nutrition, yoga history, philosophy, Patanjali’s yoga sutras, ethics of teaching, the teacher student relationship, modern styles and trends, classroom management, demonstration skills, healing skills and reiki. Will include keeping a journal, homework, final examination, peer teaching and review. Guest teachers will provide an interesting mix of experience, flavour, imagination and perspective.
Limited to 22 students For any questions, please contact Jamie at: