Yoga teachers, clinicians, and those interested in learning or deepening their knowledge on trauma-informed yoga, this specialty certification program has been approved by the Yoga Alliance for 30 CE (continuing education) hours and does count towards continuing education requirements for RYTs (registered yoga teachers). Please note that you do not have to be a yoga instructor to take this training and this program. Trauma survivors may elect to take this course for themselves as a tool in their personal healing journey.
ABOUT THE TRAINING- In this 30 hour intensive, trainees will explore the following;
- Various types of trauma
- Overview on the effects of trauma
- Yoga as a tool for trauma survivors
- How to teach trauma-sensitive yoga
- How to structure a trauma-sensitive yoga session or class
- Sequencing yoga poses for trauma survivors
- Adjusting & assisting yoga for trauma survivors
- Self-care for the trauma-informed yoga teacher, clinician and other professionals
MEETING DATES/TIMES- Trainees will meet once weekly on Sundays (3 sessions) on the following dates and times:
7/14/19, 10:30am - 7:30pm
7/21/19, 10:30am - 7:30pm
7/28/19, 10:30am - 7:30pm
- Homework will be moderate, mostly consisting of assigned reading from required text.
TUITION- $425, required text and manual are included in tuition
- Payment plans, available, with a start as as early as today
- No refunds, however, a credit may be issued for cancellations made more than 7 days before training start date.
- A $50 charge applies for all credits to cover the cost of books & materials and will be deducted from studio credit.
- Credit may be used towards future trainings, workshops and memberships.
ABOUT THE TRAINER- Tina is an E-RYT (experienced yoga teacher) with over 4,000 hours logged with Yoga Alliance. Tina's primary teaching style is devotional flow but she also enjoys teaching traditional hatha. In addition to her yoga training, Tina is a wellness coach, specializing in women's health and healing through yoga, nutrition and personal training.
As a trauma survivor, Tina is healed and thriving and wishes to help others in their healing journey. Outside of owning her own studio and teaching, she is married to her soul mate who is a fireman with Ceres Fire. They have 4 children, 8 grandchildren 2 dogs and enjoy spending time at the beach.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://agapeflow.sites.zenplanner.com/event.cfm?eventId=B87C7617-E71F-4697-B1DA-B3684E375361