Join us for our 2021 Melbourne Pasifika Festival and Charity Walk. Enjoy Pasifika culture through traditional food stalls, arts and crafts, children's activities, traditional dancers, live music and lots of fun!
ALL funds raised during this event will be used for Humanitarian Projects in the Pacific Islands, which aim at empowering local women by providing them with opportunities to gain formal education and employment, and skills necessary to support their families financially (more info below).__________________________________________________________________PRICES*FESTIVAL: gold coin donation.*WALK: Student (show valid concession card): $30Single: $40Double: $75Group of 4: $150Group of 6: $215 CHILDREN UNDER 12 years old can enter the Walk and Festival for FREE__________________________________________________________________PROGRAM:
WALK: - 10am: Check in and registration- 10:40am: Walk start* Short: 1km, suitable for children. Duration: 30min* Long: 5km, circuit around Footscray Park. Duration: 1hFESTIVAL: * Pasifika Festival commencement: 12:30pm* Pasifika Cultural Welcome: 1pm* Pasifika Cultural Performances: 1:40pm* Conclusion: 3:30pm __________________________________________________________________PLEASE NOTE:
• No alcohol allowed on park premises• CHILDREN UNDER 12 years old can enter the Walk and Festival for FREE• All abilities playground for children right next to the festival area• WALK registration: we take card payments• Toilets have disabled access and baby change facilities• Dogs allowed on leash• Optional: bring your own picnic blanket or chair
PASIFIKA SCHOLARSHIP FUND
• This initiative provides young adults with the opportunity to access empowering educational programs at universities in their own country.
• From 2017-2019 we sponsored Jenny to become a primary school teacher. She has now graduated and is working at the SunHak Primary School in the Solomon Islands.
• In 2020, we sponsored: Janet (to become a kindergarten teacher) and Selina (to become a primary school teacher)
• Micro-credit loans are made of a small amount of money that are borrowed by trusted applicants. This start-up amount of money is used by the applicants to create a business and generate further income. Applicants make repayments to their loan, so the amount can be reused for other applicants.
• The Pasifika Microcredit initiative was officially launched in Papua New Guinea in January 2020. Applicants will attend an introductory workshop to learn valuable skills for their business.
• With a total amount of $3000 available, 6 selected applicants will receive a micro-loan of $500. Stay tuned for more updates!
WOMEN'S SEWING CENTRES
• Located in the Pacific Islands, the centres provide women with an opportunity to gain skills and support their families economically. The sewing centre in the Solomon Islands is currently moving into a new location, which needs renovation.
This event is being delivered in partnership with WFWP Australia, the United Pasifika Council of Victoria (UPCOV) and the Victorian Multicultural Commission.
Tickets for Melbourne Pasifika Festival & Charity Walk can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|Festival Entry||AUD 2|
|Charity Walk - Student||AUD 30|
|Charity Walk - Single||AUD 40|
|Charity Walk - Double||AUD 75|
|Charity Walk - Group of 4||AUD 150|
|Charity Walk - Group of 6||AUD 215|
|Can't Make It? Help Our Cause!||Free|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events