DreamBreak: Melbourne, Australia
About Your Trip
Escape the everyday with a well-deserved weekend in Melbourne, Australia. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, our new DreamBreak travel option offers you fresh way to experience your DreamTrips™ Membership, starting with a 2-night stay at an upscale hotel and a complimentary 24-hour sightseeing pass. The rest is up to you! This DreamBreak does not include an In-destination Support team member so you can create your own adventures, your way. To maximize your enjoyment, download the DreamTrips app, and earn points as you dine with DreamTrips Local at top-rated Melbourne area restaurants recommended by DreamTrippers just like you!
From intriguing museums and astonishing architecture to an unending stream of live music, the coastal metropolis of Melbourne is always abuzz with the sights and sounds of creativity. Visitors from all over the world come to see the city’s unique landscapes and native animals and plants, such as koalas, kangaroos and eucalyptus trees.
Discover the many charms of “The Garden City” for yourself, thanks to your complimentary 24-hour* hop-on, hop-off ticket from City Sightseeing Melbourne. Customizing your own adventure has never been so easy. Just hop on the open-top double-decker bus to see the city’s many highlights, then hop off at the locales that catch your interest — from Melbourne Zoo and St. Kilda Pier to Fitzroy Gardens and Arts Centre. (Admission fees for sites and attractions are not included.)
At InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto, which is set in a grand 1891 building, you can immerse yourself in history as you savor afternoon tea. You can also take advantage of the hotel’s proximity to the pretty Yarra River and the incredible SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, along with the iconic Flinders Lane, a trendy spot filled with restaurants, and Collins Street, known for excellent examples of traditional local architecture.
*Your hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus tour ticket can be used any day of your trip. It is valid for 24 hours after its first use.
What we love:
• Must-see highlights range from the tranquil Fitzroy Gardens to the thrilling Melbourne Star, a Ferris wheel in the Waterfront district offering a unique perspective on the city.
• Melbourne has been ranked “The World’s Most Livable City” every year since 2011 by the Economist Intelligence Unit.
• Catch far-reaching views of the city from the 92-story Eureka Tower, which boasts the highest public view in the southern hemisphere — it’s just minutes from the InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto.
• Access DT Local on the DreamTrips app and get suggestions from our membership community on participating restaurants, spas, entertainment options and other activities near you.
Your DreamBreak getaway includes 3 days and 2 nights in Melbourne, Australia, at the luxurious InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto. (Want to stay an extra night or two at this gorgeous, heritage property? Make the most of your DreamBreak with our specially negotiated prices for pre- and post-night stays! Click BOOK IT for detailed information.) Pamper yourself at the Botanic Day Spa (at your own expense), or lounge at the rooftop garden, a delightful spot filled with the scent of fruit trees and herbs. Or, step outside the door of this landmark property and into Melbourne’s expansive — and lively — central business district, where shopping, culture and sightseeing opportunities are right at your fingertips.
And thanks to your complimentary 24-hour hop-on, hop-off ticket from City Sightseeing Melbourne, the cosmopolitan city is your playground for 1 full day! Designed for all types of interests, your ticket offers 2 sightseeing loops — The City Tour and the St. Kilda Tour — covering 27 fascinating stops. Hop on or hop off at whichever stop catches your eye!
Your itinerary is what you make it — whether you choose a stroll through Federation Square, shopping at Queen Victoria Market or a visit to vibrant Chinatown. Just pick your top tours or attractions and go!
And remember, no matter what you choose to do, there’s always time for a delicious meal with family and friends — breakfasts are also included throughout your entire stay!
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Melbourne Airport (MEL), approximately 14 miles (23 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Named after the famous bridge in Venice, Italy, InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto was established in 1891 in Melbourne’s central business district. After a busy day, guests can relax at Market Lane Bar during classic high tea.
• 2 restaurants and 2 bars.
• Indoor pool.
• Botanica Day Spa.
• Fitness center and sauna.
• 10-story glass-topped atrium.
• Rooftop garden with herb plants and fruit trees.
• Gratuities for housekeeping service and porterage is included.
• Self-parking: 55 Australian dollars per day.
Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. No extra bed available. Please note: Guests who require triple occupancy (including 2 adults with 1 child) will be placed in a room with 2 double beds.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Walk-in shower.
• Complimentary bathrobe and slippers to use during your stay.
• Flat-screen television with cable access.
• Standard guest-room refrigerator.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Intercontinental Melbourne The Rialto
495 Collins Street
Melbourne 3000, Australia
Pricing for children for this hotel resort may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
You may also like the following events from DreamTrips:
- This month, 7th June, 04:00 pm, Lisbon, Portugal Azamara Journey June 7-17
- This month, 10th June, 02:00 pm, DreamTrips: Family Fun in Sunny Southern Portugal in Albufeira
- This Wednesday, 13th June, 01:00 pm, DreamTrips: Escape to the Scenic Olympus Riviera
Also check out other Arts Events in Melbourne
, Entertainment Events in Melbourne
, Music Events in Melbourne
Liked this event? Spread the word :