Sustainability, Loose Parts & Creative Reuse Workshop
Learn about improving sustainability and incorporating creative reuse in your program with this 3hr professional learning workshop for early Childhood, Primary or OOSH educators.
This inquiry based learning workshop will increase your capacity to use reuse materials in innovative, useful and creative ways. We will explore readily available waste materials for their reuse potential and clarify waste disposal methods of common household items. We will cover construction techniques and loose parts using a variety of materials enabling educators to confidently implement reuse materials in to arts, STEM, literacy, numeracy and play programs.
• Introduction to reuse materials in educational and play based contexts
• Reuse materials in the makerspace: Tips, tricks and techniques for creative reuse
• Sorting, Sourcing & the 3R’s: making the most of what’s available.
• Loose parts with reuse materials – theory, risk management and storage ideas
• Warehouse tour and materials sourcing
• Build an invitation to play/classroom kit
• Reuse materials in intentional teaching – documentation and alignment
Workshop costs: $88 inc GST per participant includes:
• All workshop materials, notes and participant workbooks
• Certificate of Attendance
• Expert workshop facilitator
• Materials to the value of $15 to take back to your school or centre.
• Morning tea: Tea, Coffee and a light snack provided. Please let us know if you have special dietary requirements.
You may also like the following events from Reverse Garbage:
Also check out other Workshops in Marrickville
, Arts Events in Marrickville
Liked this event? Spread the word :