Now and Next- Plumtree (evening)
The Now and Next group program helps parents and carers develop skills to achieve positive outcomes for their child, family and self. Participants choose outcomes and work towards them with new clarity and purpose. Now and Next is family centred, based on strengths and takes account of how adults like to learn.
The program is delivered in eight sessions of 2.5 hours held over 8 weeks. Through fun and engaging activities, you will:
- Set goals for your child, family and self using Pictability©, a unique vision setting experience;
- Identify a vision and write goals for your child, family and self using our unique planning tool Pictability;
- Learn to apply the principles and tools of positive psychology to achieve better outcomes for your child, family and self;
- Learn how to use our 'goal to action' strategy to achieve your 3 goals during the program;
- Reflect on your child, personal and family strengths using the Now and Next Mindfulness colouring in book;
- Identify your signature strengths and how to use them to achieve positive outcomes;
- Learn how to create positive relationships with professionals;
- Learn how to improve your child, family and personal well-being;
- Use an iPad to create a personalised e-book that documents your progress.
Build a network of support
Past participants have greatly valued the group setting that brings together families raising children with a developmental delay or disability. A first of its kind in Australia, this parent led, evidence-based program:
- Provides a safe environment where families can openly share their stories;
- Builds new relationships and a network of support;
- Enables families to learn about new strategies and ideas from each other;
- Empowers and inspires families to “get in the driver’s seat” and take charge of their journey.
Sessions: Thursday 10th May to Thursday 28th June 2018; 6.30pm to 9.00pm.
Register your expression of interest through Eventbrite and you will then be contacted by Stacey to discuss this program and confirm your attendance.
Families need to commit to attend all 8 sessions.
The Now and Next program has been developed by Sylvana Mahmic (CEO, Plumtree) and Dr Annick Janson (Clinical Psychologist and Positive Psychology Researcher) both of whom are parents of young men who have a disability. They developed this program because they learnt that a positive vision and a focus on strengths is the best foundation for your child and family’s future.
Over 260 participants have completed this award winning program in the past 18 months.
PLEASE NOTE: Childcare available by booking only.
You may also like the following events from Plumtree - pathways for children and families:
Also check out other Nonprofit Events in Marrickville
Liked this event? Spread the word :