Manassas Hope for the Homeless will be operating hypothermia shelter on the western side of the PWA CoC for the 2021 - 2022 winter season.
The hypothermia season begins 11/1/2021 and is expected to end by 3/31/2022.
Hypothermia services are available to persons experiencing homelessness on nights where the recorded temperature/wind chill is 32 degrees or below.
PWC DSS will send emails to providers twice per week on Mondays and Thursdays about weather conditions and shelter availability.
1. The Western Hypothermia Shelter serves single adults and adult-only households where all persons are at least 18 years of age or older.
2. Persons must be located on the western side of our CoC at the time services are requested
3. Persons must be actively experiencing homelessness and have no other identified residence or supports to prevent them from sleeping outside.
4. Persons must be able to complete their daily living activities (such as dressing, bathing, and eating) independently and without assistance.
Persons under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol or those with severe mental illness are still able to receive services long as they do not pose an immediate threat to themselves or others.
Households with minor children (under the age of 18) are not eligible to receive hypothermia services through this program. Providers must contact the CoC's Coordinated Entry System (CES) (during and after hours) for further information.
Providers are responsible for completing hypothermia shelter referrals for their clients - CES will complete referrals and arrange transportation for persons not currently connected to a provider.
To complete the referral:
1. Click the orange "Select A Date" button above
2. Click "Register" next to today's date
3. Complete all requested information as completely and accurately as possible
4. Once all information is complete the "Register" button at the bottom of the page will turn orange meaning the referral can be submitted. Click "Register" to officially submit the referral - providers will receive a confirmation email.
5. Manassas Baptist staff will contact providers via email or phone once the referral has been reviewed - do not move forward with transportation arrangements until you receive confirmation the referral has been approved.
6. Once approval is received, arrange transportation to the site (see "Transportation Procedures" below).
Manassas Baptist staff will be on site from 6PM - 10PM each night shelter is open (with the exception of Wednesdays where they will not be on site until 8PM). If shelter for eligible clients is needed after 10PM, providers will complete this referral and then call Manassas Baptist staff directly for further instruction.
Providers with available CDBG transportation funds are responsible for arranging transportation directly to the hypothermia site for those they refer.
Individuals will need to provide their own transportation (or rely on public transit) in cases where the provider is unable to utilize CDBG funds.
Clients may begin arriving on site at 6PM each night shelter is open with the exception of Wednesdays where they cannot arrive until 8PM.
Walk-ins without referrals are strongly discouraged. Please put forth your best effort to complete referrals following the steps outlined above.
Manassas Hope for the Homeless
PWA CoC Coordinated Entry System
The Western Hypothermia Shelter is located at:
Tickets for PWA CoC Hypothermia Shelter Registration - WEST can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|Hypo Registration - WEST||Free|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events