It is well documented that exercise in pregnancy and after birth is beneficial for physical fitness and mental health and well being.
It really felt like we needed a way to get expectant and new mums to find each other in their local area again after covid isolation has kept them apart, so we set up a way to get pregnant mums meeting up again.
Our aim is to get pregnant women out in the fresh air talking to other pregnant women and new mums whilst getting some gentle exercise and some support whilst chatting. The evidence is out there about how good exercise is in pregnancy for mental health benefits, releasing endorphins making you feel brighter, and happier as well as walking being a good way of keeping fit.
New mums also need the social networks. It can feel really isolating with a new baby indoors all the time. It offers a chance to talk to other new mums and know that you are not the only one experiencing that feeling or worrying about something and that alone can be such a relief.
There are lots of walking groups out there, as we found out whilst researching, but not many specifically for pregnant women and new mums only. Yes we can join groups with other members of the public for a ramble or go for walks with our families, which we strongly advocate by the way, but having a chat whilst walking, talking to other women in a similar boat to you, we feel, will have an amazing effect on your well-being. Help to set up support and friendships for the future.
The walks will be about an hour long and at a pace suitable for all! We anticipate heavily pregnant women joining us and we can’t chat if we are power walking. For new mums, as keen as you might be to get out and join us try shorter walks to start with maybe 15 – 20 mins see how you feel and when you feel ready for an hour’s walk come along.
We encourage you to bring a drink and a snack and possibly a blanket to sit on as we can have a rest after the walk and continue the chatting.
Luton's walk is at Wardown park. It has plenty of parking and we meet at the carpark by the tennis courts. The walk is pram/buggy friendly for our new mums. The park has toilet facilities and a small kiosk on the way round.
• To walk with us just book your place here so we can control the numbers and we have the info for track and trace.
• It is a free event.
• The walk will only be cancelled if icy or if there is snow on the ground.
• We are outside so masks are not necessary but please be mindful of your social distancing, ideally at least 1 metre.
• Once booked on Eventbrite walkers will be sent a disclaimer to sign to ensure you understand that you walk at your own risk. We are not qualified walking people and we will be the same as a group of friends going for a walk. Walkers will give this form to me, Hayley, Emma or Maisie on arrival. Only one is required on your first walk.
• Each walker will also be sent a medical form which will we would like you to specify details of any conditions and Medic*tion and an emergency contact person. This should be completed and put in a sealed envelope in the walkers bag with ICE in big letters so that it can be retrieved quickly in case of any accidents or emergencies. Pregnant women must have their hand-held notes with them.
• We suggest babies in slings or prams/buggies for our new mums.
• Other children are welcome in buggies if possible whilst we are walking. This is a walking and talking group for adults. Once the walk is over whilst having a drink or snack of course other children can have a run around at that point.
• New mums are welcome to walk and talk with us until babies are 3 months old by which time it is hoped that walkers will have made some friends and can start to plan their own adventures. This will allow space for new walkers to join us.
PBB are very protective of our women and this group could be seen by some businesses’ as a great opportunity to let you know about their products and services whilst walking and talking. This is another reason why we need you to book to attend so that we are the gate keepers as to who joins us to keep it for socialising only.
We love walking with expectant and new mums, why not book your place now and come and see what its all about.
If you have any further questions or queries please do no hesitate to contact us
or visit www.pbbmidwives.com
Tickets for Luton Walking & Talking for pregnant people can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events