Feedback meetings for the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/254625385081182/
Bring a few copies of poems so we can give each other feedback. I'll aim to confirm numbers the day before so you know how many copies to bring.
On the day:
Arrival between 7.15-7.30pm
Start time: 7.30pm
Finish time: 9pm (building closes)
There are a maximum 7 spaces.
Details about the group:
A writing group where you are welcome to share your non-successes, in order to shed light on the fact that everyone faces rejection and disappointment and we don't need to suffer alone or compare ourselves with others.
Remembering that "success" with anything is a combination of hard work and luck, and the only way to build yourself as a writer is to improve your craft and have a supportive network to help you get better. You can't count on a "lucky break", but you can put in the time and effort to develop.
The main functions of this group are as follows:
1. To share our own disappointment & in turn to build each other up again from any knock-backs.
2. To act as a platform for sharing and critiquing each other's work by uploading files to the group.
3. To arrange to meet in person (those in London) for a monthly writing group with a focus on editing existing work.
1. No comparing. No saying that anyone is undeserving of their success - this is not the place for that.
2. Upload work in Word and provide an email address so that individuals can track changes and add comments to the document easily, and send back to the author.
3. Provide photocopies of any poems requiring feedback at monthly workshops.
4. Be respectful when giving feedback, making sure it's constructive.
5. When providing work for feedback, you can also say what you want to gain from it, parts you're unsure about, or even include the odd poem that you're actually happy with (just being clear that it doesn't require feedback), so we can get an idea of what you're aiming for with your work.