SUNDAY AFTERNOON DANCING IN THE HEART OF BRIXTON!
Join us for a spectacular Sunday afternoon of dancing. We’ll kick things off with a fun beginners class at 3pm, followed by social dancing for all levels from 4-7pm. No partner or experience required, just be willing to have lots of fun. We can’t think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon!
BRIXTON BOUNCE AND THE BRIXTON FIVE!
Each week we give you the opportunity to pick your favourite five songs to social dance to and we feature them in the Brixton Five hour! From 5pm-6pm we’ll feature a few guest dancers sharing their five-song favourites. To be in with a chance of sharing your top five at the Brixton Five hour just email michaela | swingpatrol ! co ! uk
a spotify playlist with your five songs and we’ll see if we can fit them into the next week’s hour.
1. Songs that swing – but no boundaries of era / genre – Jazz, R&B to Rock Steady, Mambo, etc – anything if it’s got the swing!
2. Each song to be maximum 4 min long
3. Songs to be submitted in advance to Brixton Bounce manager (Michaela | swingpatrol ! co ! uk
) by Thursday night of the Brixton Bounce week – to check to avoid duplication among DJs. Please send a link to a spotify mini-playlist of your 5 songs, or a track list – you need to specify if you would like the Brixton Bounce DJ to play your songs or if you will be bringing the music yourself
4. Brixton Five DJs to be selected and announced by Brixton Bounce on Saturday of Brixton Bounce week via the Brixton Bounce facebook page (4 DJs max for the hour)
5. Bring your own music OR the Brixton Bounce DJ can play from your spotify playlist
Dogstar in Brixton has a wonderfully cosy, chilled out atmosphere… as well as heaps of space. They also serve amazing pizzas, what more could you want?!
MORE INFO: http://smarturl.it/spbrixtonbounce?IQid=facebook