Who is it for?
This workshop has been designed for people of all skill levels; for enthusiasts, hobbyists and those considering a career in make up effects or established professional make up artists seeking to add another skill set to their folios. The workshop is the perfect and fun introduction to the materials, techniques and skills required of the modern make up effects artist.
Run over 3 days the workshop consists of:
- Students will be given a make up demonstration of a multi piece zombie make up where they will be instructed on application techniques, customising the make up and painting and finishing it.
- Each student will be given a set of 'basic zombie' appliances and they can then select from a variety of noses, chins, lips and wounds to design their own zombie make up for application on the third day.
- Students will then start to sculpt their own simple prosthetic appliance (wounds, scars, rotting flesh etc.) to further customise their zombie and at the same time learn basic sculpting techniques.
- In the morning students will further refine their sculpts and be instructed on how to fine detail and texture their work before moulding their pieces.
- In the afternoon students will be shown how to create a silicone appliance and get to make their own unique prosthetic appliance.
- Students can invite a friend to be their model for the day and using the pieces they have chosen, the appliance they have made themselves and the techniques they have learned they can create their own Zombie.
The workshop is designed for a maximum of 6 students at a time. In the event of more than 6 applicants we will run further workshops throughout September and will inform those applying of the alternate dates.
1. Although we encourage our students to complete their applications in the allocated time (as would be expected on a professional movie or TV production) the application process often takes longer than expected and the third day MAY run over the allotted time; please be aware of this and make provisions for it in your own schedules.
2. Make up effects gets MESSY at times; silicones, glues, paint and fake blood can ruin clothing. Please ensure you are suitably dressed.
3. Students will be provided with all the basic tools and materials required to complete the workshop. However, if any student has their own tools, brushes or favourite make up materials they are more than welcome to bring them along.
4. Students are advised to bring along note pads, pens and photographic devices to record all they learn during the workshop. EffectArt are NOT able to provide any of these.
5. EffectArt reserve the right to record students and their work and use it for self promotional purposes in any and all publications, broadcasts or online.
Schedule - From 9am to 6pm
Price - 350€
For more information please contact : ZWZmZWN0YXJ0IHwgb3V0bG9vayAhIGNvbQ==