Fri 9 - Sun 11 Oct
Jennie Wadsten E-RYT 500
Melanie Cooper E-RYT 500
Space limited to 23 students.
COURSE CONTENT & REGISTRATION
M O R E D E T A I L S
=== YOU WILL RECEIVE ===
• A 30 hour diploma in Yoga Nidra, registered by Yoga Alliance (RYS-300) and the chance to dive deeper into a subject of your choice to get an additional 10 hrs.
• Plenty of time to reconnect with your own practice, and to recharge if you’re feeling drained.
• Support from non dogmatic and experienced teachers: the empashis is on empowering you to find YOUR authentic way of teaching yoga nidra and to obtain knowledge to see what is needed for different students; there isn’t one size fits all for this practice (or any style really!)
• Chance to practice teaching with expert constructive and supportive feedback
=== WHO CAN JOIN? ===
We recommend that you have done a 200 hour teacher training (any style) but it’s not necessary: let us know if you haven’t and we will look into what other experiences you have. You can also attend the course for your own self inquiry only: no need to put the pressure on yourself to teach if you don’t want to.
The intention is to give you, as a teacher, more tools, to broaden your teaching skills as well as your target groups. Perhaps you have done a training in a dynamic yoga style and would like to add a slow style to your teaching menu as well?
We have a set structure in line with Yoga Alliance’s criteria, but on top of that we have a certain amount of hours that we can tailor made for YOU – and as far as we know, this is quite unique: for you, as participants, to be able to take part in forming the course content!
We (Melanie and Jennie) have worked together for almost 10 years (yoga teacher trainings and retreats in India and Europe) and have 20 - 25+ years of experience from teaching yoga and teacher trainings full time.
We have experienced a lot over the years – and what we keep coming back to is how important it is to be authentic, to find “your voice” as a teacher and to have the courage to be YOURSELF when you are teaching! Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you are not looking after yourself. (And it’s so easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/selfcare – so in the training we will also put emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong!
=== WE WILL COVER ===
• A non-dogmatic approach. We will cover the main techniques and modern schools of Yoga Nidra and what they offer. You’ll get the chance to compare and explore different methods to see which works the best for you.
• Yoga Nidra scripts. Online resources: You’ll get ready made scripts in different methods. Together we will also explore and develop a treasure trove of ideas and scripts for teaching your own yoga nidra – as well as incorporating it in your own practice.
• The structure: A detailed look at each stage of the practice; the intention behind it and how it affects the body and mind.
• Modifications. Contra-indications. How to adapt your teaching for different students
• Basic science of Yoga Nidra. Brainwaves, Hypnagogia, Basic anatomy of the brain, states of consciousness
• History and Philosophy
• Your own practice
=== COURSE MATERIAL ===
• Yoga Nidra teacher training manual (pdf included in the price)
=== EXAM === Nope!
No written tests: you don’t have to “prove” anything: rather: we are interested in seeing that you have gained an understanding and knowledge, that you can apply to each individual student depending on his/her needs. You are not attending the course to perform: you are attending it to learn and to spark your interest in embarking or continuing on this fascinating journey as a yoga teacher!
=== WITH ===
• Melanie Cooper: (UK/India): www.melaniecooper.co.uk
• Jennie Wadsten: (Sweden/India) www.yogaleela.se
=== SIGN UP ===
To register: please fill in the application form:
Questions? Just send an email to aW5mbyB8IHlvZ2FsZWVsYSAhIHNl
and we're happy to help.
A deposit of €150 is required to secure your space.