DreamTrips: See Lisbon by Day & Night
About your Trip
Charming, sun-drenched Lisbon captivates with Manueline architecture, cobblestone streets and mouth-watering cuisine. Set along the Tagus River estuary, this Portuguese capital invites all to tour a variety of monuments and time-honored statues.
Begin your regional full-day tour with a visit to Belem. This suburb of Lisbon is home to the Monument to the Discoveries, where you can see sweeping views of the river below, and Belem Tower, also called the Tower of St. Vincent. Then, pay homage to Lisbon’s storied past at 500-year-old Jeronimos Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Continue to the nearby village of Sintra. Roam ancient streets and venture to the historic Palace of Sintra, which boasts elements of Gothic architecture. Take the coastal route on your return and see Cascais, a resort town featuring prime sightseeing and oceanside fun, along with Estoril, which is known for its iconic casino and flourishing gardens.
On a twilit tour of this mysterious, passionate Portuguese city, take in Avenida da Liberdade (Liberty Avenue), Marquis of Pombal Square, Alcantara — an old port hub in a revitalized neighborhood now known for its nightlife — and more. Then, you can enjoy listening to the soulful notes struck by a fadista (a Fado singer) during a delicious dinner.
What we love:
• Monument to the Discoveries was constructed in 1960 to honor the 500th-anniversary of the death of Prince Henry the Navigator — a famed patronage of Portugal’s voyages of discovery.
• Fado — or fate — is a popular form of music that originated in Lisbon, which the Portuguese have since claimed as their own. The style was added to the Intangible Cultural Heritage list by UNESCO in 2011.
• The Palace of Sintra began as a Moorish architectural masterpiece, but later additions feature stonemasonry from the Renaissance period.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Lisbon, Portugal, as well as:
• Full-day tour of Lisbon and Sintra; includes transportation.
• Panoramic evening bus tour and Fado show; includes transportation.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
With its prime location near the city center, Lisbon Marriott Hotel offers the perfect home base for all your Portuguese adventures. Enjoy sunning or swimming in the outdoor garden pool, or savor a light bite or a cocktail at the on-site bar or restaurant.
• Citrus Grill restaurant and Tapas & Tiles Cafe Terrace.
• 1 outdoor pool.
• 24-hour fitness center.
• Self-parking or valet parking available for 19 euros per day.
Deluxe Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 single beds. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child age 12 years or younger.
• Balcony and floor-to-ceiling windows.
• Air conditioning.
• Seating area.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Lisbon Marriott Hotel
Avenida dos Combatentes 45
Lisbon 1600-042, Portugal
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. Click BOOK IT to check. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
You may also like the following events from DreamTrips:
- This Thursday, 16th August, 02:00 pm, Dreamtrips: Dublin’s Historic Sites & Pints in Dublin
- This Friday, 17th August, 02:00 pm, DreamTrip: Castle & Winery Tour in Slovakia, Bratislava in Bratislava
- This Friday, 17th August, 03:00 pm, Delight in Wisconsin Water-Park Fun in Wisconsin Dells
Also check out other Entertainment Events in Lisbon
, Music Events in Lisbon
, Parties in Lisbon
Liked this event? Spread the word :