Here is the course code to search on Heart and Stroke's website, or you can email your number to bWFyayB8IHZpdGFscmVzcG9uc2V0cmFpbmluZyAhIGNh
If you have any questions, or need an alternative date please feel free to direct message! Our full class schedule is posted on our website - www.vitalresponsetraining.ca/schedule
Basic Life Support (BLS) is the foundation for saving lives. It is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings or by those in a healthcare training program.
Basic Life Support teaches single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics.
It will train you to quickly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED through simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations.
- Reflects science of the most recent Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR including team dynamics
- Video-based course with real world scenarios
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants