Hey there cool cats, you're invited to 'Hop, Sock 'n Roll!' - the hippest new rock 'n roll themed dance party from Any Old Thing!
~~Swing, sokkie and rock 'n roll!~~
This party features swing, sokkie and rock 'n roll music and partner dancing - so, if you like dancing sokkie, Lindy hop, six or four count swing, Charleston, rock ‘n roll or boogie - then this is the event for you! It's all about letting loose and having a good time!
~~Dress to express!~~
Dress in your best 50's rock 'n roll inspired outfit. We're hoping to see Rockabilly Rebels with (fake or real) tattoos and plaid shirts, Bombshells with victory rolls and polka dot dresses, and Greasers with slicked back hair and (p)leather jackets - amongst rock 'n roll characters. Prize for best dressed!
~~Switching up the playlist!~~
The playlist will switch between two songs each of sokkie, swing and rockabilly/contemporary music all night long - so if you don't dance to one of the styles you won't have to wait long! ;) Or you could stay on the dance floor and mix it up!
~~The juicy deets!~~
- Date: Saturday 6 April 2019
- Time: 7:30pm till late
- Venue: Pinelands Guide Hall, 7 Union Avenue, Pinelands
- Price: R60 online through Quicket at http://qkt.io/hsr2019one
or R80 cash at the door
- Dress: 50's rock 'n roll
- dancing music starts promptly and it's all over by midnight - so don't be late!
- main dance floor switching between three different styles
- silent disco secret dance floor
- small bar available, bring cash. Otherwise, bring your own drinks too
- Sundae Station. What could be better than layers of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauces and toppings… You’ll be considering quitting your day job to start a sundae-serving ice cream parlor of your own! Bring and share ingredients.
~~Queries, comments or questions!~~
Please contact us on WhatsApp with any queries, comments or questions:
- Megan: 082 366 1041
- Dave: 072 945 7487
Invite your friends and hope to see you there!
It's going to be gangbusters and the ginchiest! :D