National Sales & Services Tax (SST) Course 2018 - Bukit Jalil
HRDF COURSE on SST @ Bukit Jalil! By Tan Kok Tee, MIA Speaker, acclaimed Trainer and Tax Consultant. Sponsored only RM350 (NP: RM990). Incl. course notes, cert & meals. Seats Limited. Register now: SST2u.com.
(1) OBJECTIVES OF THIS SEMINAR
- Understand the SST concept, scope and its implementation mechanism
- Understand the various SST Exemptions/ Benefits/ Facilities availability
- Aware of SST taxable period and returns preparation
- Migration Planning to achieve effective SST implementation and pitfall avoidance
- Understand costing and pricing calculations in compliance with relevant regulations
- Understand how to manage the GST to SST transition period
(2) WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS SEMINAR
1. Business Owners and Company Directors
2. CFOs, Financial Controllers and Finance Managers,
3. Accountants, Accounts Executives, Accounts Assistants.
4. Business Advisors, Auditors and Internal Audit Staff
5. Freelance Accounting Professionals,
6. Procurement/Purchasing and Logistics Managers
7. Other functional staff engaged in GST and SST matters.
(3) COURSE OUTLINES
1. FUNDAMENTAL AND SCOPE OF SST
i. Imposition of SST.
ii. Repeal of GST Act:
a. Saving provisions of the old sales tax act 1972, service tax act 1975.
b. Saving provisions of the GSTA 2014
c. Filing of final returns.
iii. General Scope of Sales and Service Tax.
2. SST REGISTRATION
i. Threshold and its determination
ii. Mandatory and Voluntarily registration
iii. Group, Branch and Partnership registration.
iv. Timing of Registrations and its effective date.
v. Single Taxable person concept
vi. Transfer of Going Concerns
vii. Registration Cancellation
viii. Responsibilities of a Registered Person.
i. Valuation for Tax calculations
ii. Invoice, Debit Note and Credit Note prescribed particulars requirement.
iii. Standard and Specific Taxable Period
iv. Filing of Returns & Payment of Tax
v. Transaction classification code in supporting of your returns.
vi. Bad Debt Relief.
vii. Record Keeping.
viii. GST and SST Business operation cost difference identification.
ix. Offences, Compound and Penalties
4. SALES TAX
i. Definition of Manufacturing
ii. Rate of Tax Order – Exempt, 5%, 10% and Specific rate.
iii. Product HS / Customs Tariff code understanding and its importance.
iv. Types of exemptions under the exemption orders:
a. Goods exempted from charging sales tax
b. Person exempted from paying sales tax
c. Person exempted from sales tax registration.
v. Treatment for import and goods movement to and from:
a. Designated Areas
b. Special Areas
vi. Sales Tax drawback facilities.
vii. Suggested tax code for your transaction and your SST audit file.
5. SERVICE TAX
i. Service Provider, Taxable service and Threshold
ii. Rate of Tax
iii. Treatment for import and goods movement to and from:
a. Designated Areas
b. Special Areas
iv. Contra System
v. Suggested tax code for your transaction and your SST audit file.
6. ANTI-PROFITEERING REGULATIONS COMPLIANCE
i. Understand its scope coverage requirements and its offences.
ii. Learning their mark-up margin and unreasonable high profit calculation.
7. GST TRANSITION RULES FROM 6% THROUGH TO SST ON DIFFERENT TYPES OF TRANSACTIONS.
* Additional contents will be included as details of the Bills, government gazette orders, announcements & Guidelines become available prior to the course*
(4) POST-TRAINING SUPPORT
Speakers will answer SST related queries from attendees within 90 days of the seminar date, on a best effort basis.
Terms & Conditions applied
Mr. Tan Kok Tee (SST & GST Speaker, Consultant, Tax Agent)
RM350 inclusive Tea Break, Lunch, Course Material & Certificate of Attendance
LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE. REGISTER ONLINE: www.SST2u.com
Teo (011 - 3178 9203)
Logesh (012 - 503 0346)
Han (019 - 323 0507)
General (012 - 383 8603)
Phang (03 – 8032 3357)
Also check out other Workshops in Kuala Lumpur, Nonprofit Events in Kuala Lumpur.
Liked this event? Spread the word :