Recycle tricky items at this drive-through event for Kirkland residents. Some items are free to recycle, while others have a pass-through charge (cash only). Free shredding is available (limit applies). All attendees must wear a face covering. NO ENTRY AFTER 3PM.
See the event flyer for complete details about accepted and unaccepted items: https://www.kirklandwa.gov/files/sharedassets/public/public-works/recycling/rce-flyer-spring-2021-web.pdf
FREE TO RECYCLE
* Bulky wood - limit 2 loads per household
* Styrofoam blocks (no takeout containers or packing peanuts)
* Electronic peripherals and gadgets (no TVs, monitors, or computers)
* Oversize scrap metal (not accepted if it contained paint, oil chemicals, gas, or hazardous materials)
* Confidential materials for shredding - limit 4 file-size boxes or grocery bags per vehicle
CHARGE TO RECYCLE (cash only)
* Mattresses, box springs - $15 each
* Household air conditioners, dehumidifiers - $35 each
* Refrigerators, freezers - $30 each
* Water heaters - $5 each that still has insulation coating
* Porcelain toilets, sinks, tubs - $15 each toilet or sink
* Tires - prices range from $0 to $18 - see flyer for pricing
* Propane tanks - $5 each for empty residential tanks, $1 each for empty camping stove tanks
All items must be clean and dry. Vendor reserves the right to refuse any item.
- Wear a face covering
- Remain in your vehicle except when unloading
- Pack your items for quick unloading
- Cash only - please bring exact change if possible
- Do not attend if you feel unwell
See how to secure your load at kingcounty.gov/secure-your-load.
Held in the South Parking Lot at LWTech - please use the entrance on 132nd Ave NE.