Mdumbi Green Fair music festival
Date: 20-22 May 2016
Venue: Mdumbi Backpackers and Point (10km North of Coffee Bay, Wild Coast, Eastern Cape)
Festival ticket price: R350
The purpose of the event is fourfold: to raise funds for TransCape NPO which is active with development work in the area, to create income opportunities to members of the local Xhosa community, to promote the Xhosa culture (the “Fair” side) and to rehabilitate the coastal forests in the area (The “Green” side).
Main features of the festival include:
• Two stages, both with Mdumbi Beach as backdrop. The main stage and area is exclusive for paying guests while the second stage is open to guests as well as the local community where the performing artists agreed to do free shows for the community.
• Fifteen professional bands will perform on these stages throughout the weekend.
o Rhyme Related
o Mr Lwija
o Dean Shapiro
o DADA-FM (Dirk Ace and DA Faith Machine)
o Lyzyrd Kyngs
o Piet Botha
o HEATHER WATERS
o Can of Worms
o Xhosa Effect
• Other performances include traditional Xhosa dancing and choirs, stick fighting, fire dancing, circus acts and DJ’s until early mornings
• The festival will further include stalls selling local Xhosa food, beverages and clothes, solar products as well as a bar and seafood stall
• workshops like drumming, fire-poi and stick fighting would be available as well as activities such as surfing, kayaking, cultural hikes and ocean safari boat trips
• Paying guest will each receive one tree to plant in a pre-dug and fertilised hole
More info and tickets are available at www.mdumbigreenfair.weebly.com and https://www.facebook.com/mdumbigreenfair/
or contact Mdumbi Backpackers at 0834611834 / bWR1bWJpIHwgbWR1bWJpICEgY28gISB6YQ==