Buddhistisk Center København, Svanemøllevej 56, København, Denmark
Friday lecture about Buddhism in English
English Fridays in the Buddhist Center Copenhagen:
Every first Friday of a month at 19:00 there is a lecture in English in the series of fundamental Buddhist topics:
- Three ways and three pillars of Buddha's teachings
- Meaning of Buddhist refuge
- Buddhist meditation
- Teachings about karma – law of cause and effect
- Meaning of sangha, Buddhist practitioners
- Disturbing emotions - sources of wisdom
- Bodhisattva way: six liberating actions
- Way of identification: teacher-student relationship
- Karma Kagyu masters and their life stories
- Why we practice: four basic thoughts
- Compassion and Wisdom
- The Life of the Buddha
- Buddhism in Daily Life
Every lecture includes some introduction. Therefore if you come for the first time, you may come to any of the events.
The program is free and does not require signing up.
However, please don’t be late, and better come 10-15 minutes in advance - we start our program always sharp.
Also, every Friday at 20:00 the guided meditation in the center is always in English. We use the meditation on the 16th Karmapa, the main meditation in Diamond Way Buddhism.
Currently, we only can allow 24 visitors at the same time due to limitations with coronavirus.
When visiting the center please follow the guidelines of our hosts and sit at a safe distance with those you are not in close contact with.
About The Host: Buddhistisk Center København repræsenterer Diamantvejsbuddhismen, som den praktiseres indenfor den tibetanske Karma Kadjy-skole.
På centrets facebokside kan du finde information om begivenheder, tilmelding til kurser, fotos og meget andet.
Website Link: http://www.kbh.buddha.dk
Are you the host?
Nearby HotelsBuddhistisk Center København, Svanemøllevej 56, København, Denmark