NATURE CLASS SPRING 2020
Whilst enjoying the outdoors, collecting materials and investigating the natural world, kids are encouraged through science, art and crafts and creative social play, to increase their nature literacy as well as make memories and important connections with nature.
The class is on Saturday morning from 10 - 11.30 am based at our Garden Studio for kids that is hands on and involves their exploration of our natural surroundings. Half the time is spent exploring the parks natural environment, half the time will be spent at our garden studio working on a craft activity related to the theme for the day. Recommended ages: 4-10
Admission is 20 RM per kid per class ( parents are free ).
Buy more classes - 3 classes for 15 RM per class or 10 classes for 12RM per class - and see how your kid enjoys getting increasingly comfortable and confident spending time in nature.
Walk ins are 25 RM
Buy tickets at peatix https://natureclassspring2020.peatix.com/
Jan 11 The Great Outdoors- Intro to the outdoors
Jan 18 Spring: Buds and Shoots
Feb 8 Wetlands - World Wetlands Day
Feb 22 Wildlife Celebrating World wildlife day on March 3
Feb 29 Fire
March 14 Wildflowers
March 21 Forest Picnic - to celebrate International Day of Forests
March 28 Water - World Water day March 22
April 11 Forest Orchestra- Collect forest materials to make instruments
April 18 Earth Play - Celebrate upcoming earth day on April 25
April 25 City Nature
Our classes are limited to 20 kids plus their parents to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience. If you are a large group, school or nursery please message us for details on how we can accommodate a paid tour/workshop/class for you.
What to wear/bring
1) wear comfortable loose clothing and outdoor/athletic shoes suitable, for spending time outside. Workshops can be a little messy so clothes might be affected but should be washable.
2) hat - wide brimmed if sensitive to sun
3) sun block for fair skinned
5) folding umbrella recommended for sun and light drizzle
6) bug spray
7) refillable water bottle- we have a water fountain. No disposable bottles allowed in park. (We have some glasses/water bottles to lend if anyone forgets)
8) Food brought in must be in reusable container to take home- no single use containers.