M&G Masterclass on Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
Today, the workplace is a melting pot of diverse races, cultures, values, beliefs, behaviours and languages.
Diversity and Inclusion Go Hand-In-Hand
How are diversity and inclusion different then? Diversity is the who, what and about the ways which employees are unique and different from each other in an organisation. Inclusion, on the other hand, is about how we act. It is about recognising, respecting, valuing and leveraging diversity in a way that enhances one’s perspective or point of view.
It is a fact that employees of all backgrounds who feel welcome and supported in bringing their authentic selves to work are more engaged, productive and committed to an organisation’s mission and goals. In this regard, diversity and inclusion initiatives within organisations should form part of an overall business strategy to ensure its long-term sustainability.
So, how does one effectively manage diversity and inclusion in the workplace and what are the best approaches to manage the following challenges and dilemmas in the workplace?
· Cultural and diversity conflicts
· Personality and values clashes
· Discrimination, prejudices and stereotypes
· Racial, religious and ethnicity
· Gender equity
· Sexual orientations
· Abilities and disabilities
· Age differences, millennial and generational gaps
· Titles and levels
· Poor workplace relationships
· Poor team work
· Intolerance and ignorance
· Bad attitudes and behaviours
· Gossip, back mouthing, back stabbing and infighting
· Misunderstandings and miscommunications
· Lack of professionalism and accountability
· Lack of productivity
· Excessive absenteeism
· Workplace disputes
Attend masterclass for solutions!
Contact TJ on dGFtYnVkIHwgbWcgISBjbyAhIHph or 11 250 7300 for more information, to book seat/s and for group discount.
You may also like the following events from Mail & Guardian: