Staying Connected to Today's Teen
The City of Irvine, in partnership with the Irvine Prevention Coalition, is pleased to sponsor well-known adolescent psychologist Dr. Jerry Weichman to lead a community discussion about the impact positive social relationships have on a teenager’s mental health and physical well-being.
Discussion topics will include:
* The state of teenagers — what are they thinking and doing, and
* The newest trends and behaviors facing teens in Irvine
* Tips for building rapport, increasing communication, and gaining
* How to identify a teen in trouble, and the best ways to support
* Ways to diffuse an escalated situation with a student
* Warning signs that everyone should be keeping an eye out for
* Effective mental health tools you can teach students/children
* Simple coping techniques to help you remain in control and
Dr. Jerry Weichman is a licensed clinical psychologist, adolescent specialist, and parenting expert. With nearly 20 years of private practice experience, Dr. Weichman has counseled more than 5,000 teenagers and their families. He is passionate about helping teens and parents communicate better and build strong, positive relationships. He is a popular public speaker and a published author.
This event is free. For more information, call 949-724-6749.
You may also like the following events from City of Irvine City Hall: