BPEC Water Disinfection & Legionella
The aim of this course is to enable delegates to state the main legislative and guidance documents relative to the control of legionnaire’s disease and disinfection; describe the basic properties of water and explain what is meant by Legionnaires’ disease and the Legionella bacteria.
This course also covers risk assessment of water systems.
On successful completion candidates gain a BPEC certificate.
Candidates wishing to receive a BPEC certificate must either have:
* A SVQ level 3 in plumbing or heating engineering, or
* Several years experience in the plumbing/heating engineering trade
To ensure Bpec Certification complies with its Awarding Body Agreement, centres must verify the likeness of candidates who are undertaking assessments. This means that ALL candidates must have their likeness checked and recorded by one of the following:
* A current, valid passport
* A current, valid driving licence (photo ID type)
* A photo ID card issued by the UK Border Agency
* Other photo ID issued by any other Government Agency
2 passport photographs will be required and these can be submitted on attendance of the course.
You may also like the following events from Inverness College UHI: