Advanced Equipping for Trauma Healing in Indianapolis, IN
The Advanced Equipping session hones the skills acquired at the Initial Equipping session and during the practicum and offers additional content to enrich a facilitators’ understanding of the trauma healing experience. At the end of the Advanced session, participants who have the necessary competencies are certified as healing group facilitators or training facilitators
By the end of the Advanced Equipping sessions participants will be able to:
1. Better solve program issues arising in trauma healing as they carry out their ministries.
2. Facilitate the materials with competency.
3. Facilitate the sessions in a participatory way.
4. Model skillful care of traumatized people.
5. Plan, organize and administrate healing groups and initial equipping sessions.
6. Report on their activities appropriately.
Fluent in English
Able to attend each day of the training in its entirety (certificates will only be granted to those who do so)
At least 18 years old
Committed to helping trauma survivors and able to dedicate ~2 weeks per year to trauma healing
Able to teach others, manage personal wellbeing, work on a team, and learn to lead groups in a participatory way
Advanced participants: have attended initial equipping, led at least two healing groups, and submitted reports to their mentor or the Trauma Healing Institute (dHJhdW1haGVhbGluZyB8IGFtZXJpY2FuYmlibGUgISBvcmc=)
Registration Fee is $150: Includes all materials, lunch, and snacks.
Registration deadline: Monday, March 25, 2019
Lodging: Out of town participants are responsible for personal lodging.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner on your own.
Contact Misty Bodkins at bWluaXN0cnljYXJlaW50ZXJuYXRpb25hbCB8IGdtYWlsICEgY29t if you want more information.