The Art of Protest
The Texas Art Asylum is very proud to present The Art of Protest, celebrating the role of art in motivating, demanding and documenting social change.
Artists are invited to produce artwork in any medium, depicting past or present societal issues and the vital role the art of protest plays in raising consciousness and giving voice to the socially and politically disenfranchised.
Show hours are:
Saturday, March 28 from 4-8PM
Sunday, March 29 from 1-5PM
You’re either part of the solution or you’re part of the problem.
― Eldridge Cleaver
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
― Elie Wiesel
Interested in being a part of it all? Details follow.
• The deadline for submission is Monday, March 9th.
• Artwork must reflect the show theme and protest injustice, inequality, destruction of the environment, racism, sexism or religious intolerance, to name just a few.
• Dimensions may not exceed 48”x48.
• Submissions will be accepted via email to cmFtb25hIHwgdGV4YXNhcnRhc3lsdW0gISBjb20=. Send a photo of your work to this email address.
• Up to five pieces per artist will be accepted.
• Any medium is acceptable, both 2D and 3D.
• Please do not bring any work to the store until you are notified of acceptance.
• All selected work must be delivered by Wednesday, March 25th at 6PM.
• We cannot accept or return artwork by mail.
• Work must be dry and ready to hang, including properly installed hanging hardware, or self-supporting for display.
• Artists will receive 70 percent of the sale price. Thirty percent of the sale price will benefit the Houston Center for Creative Reuse.
You may also like the following events from Texas Art Asylum:
Also check out other Arts Events in Houston
, Nonprofit Events in Houston