Concussion Diagnosis & Treatment
Concussive injuries are on the forefront of media and the number of healthcare professionals tasked with intervening is growing daily. This two-day course, taught by a Neuro-Optometrist (Board Certified by the College of Optometrist in Vision Development) will provide insight into the common post-head trauma issues of neuro-vestibular/visual disturbances as the #1 indicators of Post-Concussion Syndrome. We will provide discussion of the functional integration of the visual and vestibular systems and how these are impacted by head trauma. Join us to learn basic clinical assessment tools, to incorporate findings into your treatment planning and to identify the need for further referral. Information will be provided in lecture, discussion and hands-on lab. This intermediate-level course will enhance your clinical reasoning for introduction of visual/vestibular system intervention for your clients who have encountered head trauma
· Perform concussion assessment, management and treatment and return-to-play guidelines.
· Explain the functional anatomy & physiology of the visual and vestibular systems related to client performance.
· List the correlation of symptoms associated with visual-vestibular dysfunction in concussion
· Perform a visual-vestibular examination and evaluation listing deficits and strengths
· Implement visual, vestibular and neuro-cognition therapy strategies into a rehabilitation care plan based on clinical findings
This INTERMEDIATE-LEVEL course is appropriate for all rehab professionals including PT/PTA, OT/COTA and SLP/Asst. SLP with basic knowledge about functional visual skills and working with persons with visual issues.
COST IS $450 FOR 2-DAY COURSE, Early Bird and Group Discounts available - contact aW5mbyB8IGdvbW90bSAhIGNvbQ==.
Liked this event? Spread the word :