Robert Kortenoeven is a designer, prototyper and creative leader with more than 16 years of experience working for startups, consultancy firms and corporations, including Philips, frog design, Nokia and Wire. His portfolio covers a wide range of products and services in the professional and consumer domains, across many different industries.
He will cover the following topics:
• Some background on his personal journey and the things that drive him
• How design delivery has evolved over the past 20 years (He’ll be showing a few examples), how design and product development processes have changed, how the tools have changed and how designers have had to adapt (and are still adapting)
• An overview of the problems we are facing today when designers and developers work together (process, tools and culture)
• A few examples of new tools that are giving designers the ability to fine-tune the final product
• Some thoughts on the future of UX design, software development, hybrids (/designers that code) and a few personal tips on how to adapt to change