Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) in Hemel Hempstead
This Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course developed by MHFA England, this two day course is for anyone wishing to become a Mental Health First Aider. The course teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health, gain the confidence to act promptly and the skills to guide someone towards the right help. In the same way as we learn physical first aid, mental health first aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs and react, even in a crisis and potentially stop a crisis from happening.
Every Mental Health First Aid course is delivered by Mental Health First Aid Instructors who are registered by MHFA England to deliver the accredited courses. MHFA England training programme is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
During the course you will learn how to:
• spot the triggers and early signs of mental health issues
• gain an in-depth understanding of mental health and factors that can effect wellbeing
• have the confidence to help someone experiencing a mental health problem
• carry out Mental Health First Aid using enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• help someone showing signs of distress and potentially hurting themselves, or others
• prevent mental illness progressing
• assist with mental health recovery by guiding them to appropriate support
• proactively reduce the stigma of mental health issues
The sessions will be a mix of presentation, group discussions, and group work activities. Our instructors provide a very safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course
This MHFA course takes place over two consecutive full days at a cost of £240 per person.
Why choose Edu-c8 for Mental Health First Aid training?
We believe in supporting our Mental Health First Aiders in supporting others with our Support and Resources Members Hub. All MHFA delegate trained by Edu-c8 will be invited to join our new free members-only Hub with exclusive online support and resources which includes:
• Online support via our email service
• Resources and materials to help you in your role as an MHFAider including links to local services and helplines
• Advice and resources on implementing MHFA throughout your organisation including promotional materials
• Newsletter to keep you up to date with MHFA England and general mental health and wellbeing news
You may also like the following events from Edu-c8: