Positive Psychology Practitioner
17 Jun - 24 Jul 2019
Monday & Wednesday 6-10 pm
•What is positive psychology?
Positive psychology is the scientific study of what makes life most worth living . It is the science of happiness that examines how we can move beyond surviving to flourishing.
Positive psychology began to develop in the late 20th Century and was officially recognized, as an area of study, in the late 1990s, when the Father of Positive Psychology, Martin Seligman, then President of the American Psychological Association, made positive psychology the focus of his presidency. Since then, a flood of research has been done on what thoughts, tools, attitudes, behaviors, and interventions promote well-being and help people flourish.
•What are the benefits of Positive Psychology Coaching?
Research has demonstrated that a number of positive psychology practices can effectively raise our level of happiness. The benefits of happiness are significant and widespread and extend far beyond just feeling good.
Happier people tend to enjoy better health, live a longer life, have closer friendships, are more creative and productive at work and in life, and achieve greater success. Research studies show that the happiest people tend to:
-Express gratitude-–that is, counting their blessings
-Nurture relationships with family and friends
-Practice optimism regarding the future
-Savor the positive experience in their lives
-Commit to and realize meaningful goals
•How does positive psychology help coaches to help their clients?
Positive psychology is a natural fit with coaching. Clients seek out coaching for a full range of issues, but underneath all of these issues is a generally unstated desire to increase their overall sense of happiness and well-being. Positive psychology provides important empirical underpinnings to the techniques and strategies that coaches use to help clients realize their goals on the path to greater well-being.
•Topics Covered :
- Positive Emotions: The Tiny Engines of Positive Psychology
- The Mindscapes and Outcomes of Positivity
- Science of Happiness and the seven toxic believes .
- Positivity Resonance and Love
- Building fullfilling relationships .
- The phsycology of hope and Resilience .
- Perspectives on Well-being
- Positive psychology and life complexities and challenges
- Core strategies for living a good life .
- Humanities and Human Flourishing
- Positive psychology in Practice .
By the end of this Diploma participants will be able to :
1. Learn the distinction between the emerging positive psychology pronciples and other theoretical principles of psychology.
2. Develop an understanding of the dimensions of happiness/ subjective well- being and their application to your life .
3. Demonstrate applications of core concepts of positive psychology
4. Acquire skills to implement strengths based concept in your life .
5. Develop core strategies for living a good life .
6. Building fullfilling relationships with others .
7. Develop an understaning of positive emotions and their impact .
About the Trainer ISLAM AYOUB
Islam is one of the very first individuals in Egypt who took Coaching as a career , A real full time job. He quit corporate life in 2012 after a diversity of exposures in big multinationals like KPMG, Oracle and Microsoft to pursue his passion for helping others through Coaching.
•Associate Certified Coach (ACC) ,International Coach Federation (ICF)
•Certified Life Coach , American Life coach Academy
•Master Trainer for 5 years with more than 6300 Hours of Training.
•Certificate in positive psychology, The University of North Carolina
•Certified Business Coach
You may also like the following events from Mentarcise: