Life Transitions – Crisis and Opportunity
Life changes occur at different levels; external transitions such as job changes, marriage or divorce, the birth and growth of children, and the aging process; or internal changes such as loss of motivations and values, or the emergence of new spiritual purpose.
Our reactions to life changes may be unexpected. Sometimes we can feel unhappy or confused about positive changes, while negative events may hold hidden opportunities for personal growth.
In this class, we’ll take a look at adult developmental stages and the challenges and opportunities offered by each stage. Then we will explore strategies designed to help us navigate through positive and negative life changes in effective ways.
1) Guided meditations to connect with your inner guides and healers, accessing your inner wisdom and creativity
2) Techniques to learn from your deep mind where dreams, intuitions and visions emerge
3) Ways to transform conflicts and dilemmas, to find the third path of growth beyond opposing attitudes and circumstances. Turn that vicious circle to a golden spiral!
4) Tools to change negative thinking patterns, expectations, and assumptions that may be preventing you from successfully navigating through life transitions.
5) Other ways to become master rather than victim of changing circumstances as time permits.
Offered by Sabina Becker. Sabina earned a Ph.D. in Counseling and Transpersonal Psychology, and has experience as a counselor, psychotherapist, human resources consultant and teacher of counseling skills, human development from birth to death,
You may also like the following events from 9th Street Wellness Center: