Geelong : Diploma of Community Services Course.
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services will teach you how to listen and understand people’s problems, background and circumstances, and to counsel them on the areas they are struggling with. You will also learn to help clients by setting them up with support systems and networks and develop plans which will address their immediate and long-term struggles.
The Diploma will train you to assess clients, work out what they need and link them in with services that will meet those needs. You will learn how to monitor client progress and deal with setbacks, roadblocks and issues if they arise.
Careers that this course can lead to are:
- Case coordinator, worker or manager
- Community services worker
- Program coordinator or manager
- Pastoral care counsellor or manager
- Support facilitator
- Client service assessor
- Family support coordinator or worker
- Welfare worker
- Early intervention worker
- Senior youth officer or chaplain
Become trained in:
- Case management
- Planning and conducting group work
- Providing advocacy and representations services
- The principles of recovery-oriented practice
- Communication techniques to build and maintain relationships
- Supporting people with co-existing mental health issues
- Assess promote and review emotional and physical wellbeing
- Encouraging community participation and social inclusion
- Providing individualised support
We would love the opportunity to speak with your further and invite you to the Information Session. Please contact us for further information. Training is provided by RTO: 21837.
*Skills First Funding eligibility criteria applies for the fees mentioned
Liked this event? Spread the word :