Property Photography with Alexius vd Westhuizen
Photography has never been more important to selling real estate than it is today. This full day workshop with professional property photographer, Alexius van der Westhuizen, will cover all the important aspects of planning your shoots, specialist equipment, lighting techniques, composition, digital workflow and retouching and compiling a professional portfolio.
Alexius will teach you how to photograph the interior and exterior of buildings. During the morning session on location he will also cover more advanced techniques such as using Speedlights to light spaces, and the skills required to create high dynamic range images that show incredible levels of detail. The afternoon session will cover the editing and processing of your images, how to compile a portfolio and the business side of being a property photographer.
Topics covered will include:
• Which equipment to use
• Camera settings
• Image Composition
• Shooting interior images
• Shooting exterior images
• Working on location, considerations and challenges
• Exposing for maximum detail in shadows & highlights
• Getting the correct White Balance
• Creating depth in backgrounds
• Working with slow exposures
• The business side of property photography
• Compiling a portfolio
• Editing & processing in Photoshop & Lightroom (experience with Photoshop & Lightroom required)
What to bring with:
• DSLR camera
• Wide angle lens (14-24mm / 10-24mm)
• Speedlight with remote trigger (not requirement)
• Tripod with ball head (not a requirement)
• Spirit level (not a requirement)
• Laptop pre-loaded with Photoshop & Lightroom
Session 1: Property in Irene, Centurion
Session 2: Nikon House, Centurion
When: 4 April 2019
Time: 09h00 - 17h00
Cost: R 1 599,00 p.p
Ticket price includes light lunch.
*Space is limited to 10 people so book now to avoid disappointment.
You may also like the following events from Nikon South Africa: