Kaya Legacy Walk / Run 6.7km
Entries are now open for the Kaya Legacy Walk / Run.
2018 marks the centenary of the birth of Nelson Mandela, a major milestone in our history. This year Kaya FM has decided to reflect and celebrate his legacy by hosting the Kaya Legacy Walk / Run. The walk/ run is set to take place on Sunday, 11th of November 2018 beginning in West Street, adjacent to the Nelson Mandela Square, covering a 6.7km distance around the Sandton Precinct and ending at Sandton City Rooftop.
The walk / run is designed to celebrate and honour the values which Madiba lived by which are; intergrity, respect, service, passion, transformation and transparency. Along the 6.7km route the walkers / runners will have a opportunity to pause and reflect on Madiba’s values through specially installed billboards. These values are; Service and Care, Peace, Democracy, Harmony & Unity, Freedom and Dignity and finally Social Justice and Fairness.
At the end of the race Afropolitans will enjoy music from the Kaya FM DJs and a food market for the whole family. Come spend the day with us as we celebrate Madiba’s legacy.
Event Date: 11th Nov 2018
Online Entry Start Date: 04th Oct 2018
Online Entry End Date: 02nd Nov 2018
Contact Number: 011 234 7860 / c3VwcG9ydCB8IGZvdXJkbWFya2V0aW5nICEgY28gISB6YQ==
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 02 Nov 2018):
6.7km Run Participants 13 -59 Years - R 110,00
6.7km Run Participants 4-12 Years - R 60,00
6.7km Run Participants Over 60 Years+ - R 60,00
6.7km Walk Participants 13 -59 Years - R 110,00
6.7km Walk Participants 4-12 Years - R 60,00
6.7km Walk Participants Over 60 Years+ - R 60,00
Sandton City, Roof Top
6.7km runners : 07h00
6.7km walkers : 06h00
No-one will be permitted to start after 07h45
General Event Information:
• Full medical facilities on route during the event.
• Toilets will be provided at start, on route and finish
• Babies and Toddlers 3 and under Free - No entry required,at parents own risk
• Only guide dogs are permitted
Race Officials & Results:
All participants are to abide by all rules, marshals and officials
Ladies And Gents (unisex) @ R100:
S, M, L, XL, 2XL
Sandton City Or Nelson Mandela Square
• The route will take place in the Santdon CBD
• There will be marshals on route, please follow their instructions
Terms And Conditions:
• Organisers reserve the right to cancel the event WITHOUT refund, in the event of extreme weather or other circumstances that the organisers deem not safe for participants.
• All entrants must enter and register for the event.
• Entrants under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult and in doing so, the supervising adult/s take full responsibility for their children under 18 years for the duration of the event.” All entrants must wear their walk numbers on their chests for the duration of the event which can be collected during the registration process.
• Participants are to accept instructions given by the route marshals including those appointed by the City of Johannesburg and by the event organisers.
• Food and liquid refreshments will be on sale to the public at the event.
• Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of the sponsors and organisers, NO Refund Of The Entry Fee Will Be Issued
011 234 7860
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
In consideration of my participation in the event I, for myself, executors, heirs, administrators, and assigns, hereby release and discharge the sponsors and organisers of the event, any and all voluntary groups, all medical personal, any and all authorities from all claims for injury, damage and property loss I may suffer caused by negligence of any of them and arriving out of my participation in the event including pre and post-race activities.
In consideration of the acceptance of myself, executors, heirs, administrators, and assigns, to hereby and discharge the sponsors and organisers of their event, any and all voluntary groups, all medical personal, any and all authorities from all claims for injury, damage and property loss I may suffer caused by negligence of any of them and arriving out of my participation in the event including pre and post-race activities. I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in the event and assume all risks for participation. I accept the rules, conditions and regulations which include terms of payment of entry fee and will comply with them. I also grant my permission to the sponsors and organisers of the event and its authorised agents to use my name, photographs, video tape, broadcast, telecasts, advertising promotion or other account of this event free of charge.
You may also like the following events from Entrytime Enteronline:
- This Saturday, 19th January, 05:30 am, Pwc George Claassen Memorial Road Race 21.1, 10 & 5km in Nellmapius
- This Sunday, 20th January, 06:00 am, Garbie 32km & 15km Road Race in Springs
- Next Saturday, 26th January, 08:30 am, Gauteng Open Water Challenge 26 & 27 January 2019 in Benoni
Liked this event? Spread the word :