Frederick Adoption Support Group
Adoption can be a beautiful gift - but it can also a challenge! Spending time with other people who understand and have experienced these ups and downs can help.
The Frederick County Foster and Adoptive Parent Association (FCFAPA) is launching a new adoption support group for adoptive families in Frederick County. This group will be facilitated by a trained therapist, and can help you:
* Understand that you are not alone
* Celebrate the joys that are unique to adoptive parenting
* Identify problems and possible solutions
* Learn more about the impact of neglect, abuse, institutional care, and loss on a child's development
* Share what you have learned and what has worked for your family with others
* Build friendships with other adoptive families
This group is open to anyone in Frederick County with a finalized adoption - no matter how long ago it was or how your children came to you.
You may also like the following events from Frederick County Foster and Adoptive Parent Association: