1. Discuss patient safety regarding the care of sick and premature infants.
2. Discuss establishing intravenous access, and monitoring and normalizing the blood sugar in neonates.
3. Discuss the thermoregulation and prevention of cold stress in the neonate.
4. Discuss maintaining a normal acid-base balance in a neonate.
5. Discuss supporting ventilation in the neonate.
6. Discuss maintain blood pressure and normalizing the heart rate in the neonate.
7. Discuss performing lab investigations, including a complete blood count, hemoglobin and hematocrit and blood culture.
8. Discuss supporting and maintaining involvement of the family with the care of their infant.
o Completion of the S.T.A.B.L.E. pre-assessment. This will be sent to you via email approximately 1-2 weeks prior to the course date.
o Review of the S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner’s Manual, 6th edition. Please bring a copy of the manual with you to the day of the course.
Successful completion of the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program earns the participant a S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Card. This card is valid for 2 years at which time it is recommended that you attend another S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner Course in order to renew your Learner status.
For more information regarding the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program, please visit the S.T.A.B.L.E. website at http://stableprogram.org/.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT A MINIMUM OF 4 PEOPLE ARE NEEDED IN ORDER TO HOLD THE CLASS. IF FEWER THAN 5 PEOPLE ARE REGISTERED, THE CLASS MAY BE CANCELLED.***
Lutheran Health Network is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH-420, 6/1/2019)
You may also like the following events from Lutheran Health Network:
Tickets for STABLE Recertification Class-Dupont Hospital can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events