Project Appleseed is a 501(c)3 educational non-profit organization dedicated to promoting civic engagement and responsibility to all walks of American life. Our 1-day and 2-day clinics teach basic marksmanship skills, as well as a detailed account of the sacrifices of America's Founding Fathers, through the lens of April 19, 1775, the first day of the American Revolutionary War.
What We Are:
- SAFE: Safety is our most overarching, highest priority. We utilize a specific, adapted set of safety rules, adopted from the NRA safety rules, which provides a layered defense against rounds fired in an unsafe direction. These rules are repeated verbatim during the safety brief each day, and reinforced throughout the course of the event.
- All Volunteer: All instructors and support staff are 100% unpaid volunteers. We spend our own money and time to give these clinics across the Commonwealth, and across the nation, because we truly believe in the cause and we love what we do.
- Non-Partisan: While we are a pro-Second Amendment organization for obvious reasons, our primary mission is to get the People more involved in government again, instead of letting politicians make decisions for us, without the input of their constituents. To that end, we do not promote or lend support to any particular political organization or party.
- Man-Portable & Highly Flexible: The only real requirement for a Project Appleseed event is a safe place to shoot. Our events are not caliber specific, with maximum caliber up to the discretion of the range. We provide our own targets and instructional material. If required, we can bring our own target line, to include posts, wire, and cardboard backers. We have extensive experience in executing in various venues, ranging from open farmland fields to indoor range facilities. Finally, we are highly proficient at adapting to various time constraints (e.g. delayed start times due to use permits and noise ordinances).
- Family Friendly: Lastly, we pride ourselves on being a family-friendly organization, and especially kid-friendly. Project Appleseed has a long track history of teaching youth organizations, to include Boy Scouts, Trail Life, and the US Naval Sea Cadet Corps, to name just a few.
What We Are NOT:
- A Tactical Course: This course teaches heritage and BASIC rifle marksmanship. While we provide much better instruction than a NRA Basic Rifle Course (at a much better price point), we aren't a dynamic carbine course or anything that requires tactical movements.
- Sniper Instructors: Our Program of Instruction teaches the student to take a rack grade rifle and hit a 4 MOA-sized target. While the skills required to do this readily transfer to other disciples such as NRA High Power or any handgun applications, we are not in the business of teaching people how to K*ll other people from afar.
- Pro-Militia: We actively avoid discussing the merits and detractors of modern-day militias, or discussing modern-day militias in general. The only militias we reference in our Program of Instruction are those present in the colonies, in the time leading up to and during the Battle of Lexington and Concord.
For more information, visit our website at www.appleseedinfo.org