Sound Gallery's work experience programme - SiMPTI: Standards in Music Production, Technology and Industry is especially designed by our team of professional musicians, music industry professionals and educators to provide a high quality experience in the workplace. Suitable for: 14-19 year olds.
We offer a week per participant from Monday to Friday
Group size: 4 participants.
Examples of activities:
- Studio induction, health and safety. Introduction to organisation's facilities and services.
- Recording studio experience and micing techniques session
- Observation of recording and mixing sessions with studio engineer
- Setting-up rehearsal rooms for band practice and live room for recording sessions
- Music industry advice sessions on how to sustain a career in the music industry in association with Integrity Records
- Music technology session (Logic, Ableton Live, Reason)
- Social media and promotion tips for the modern musician
- Careers advice and guidance
Work experience weeks in 2018
Find out more information about SiMPTI and feedback from previous participants, schools/colleges here: http://www.simpti.com/programmes.html
This structured work experience programme is designed and run by social enterprise Sound Gallery CIC and it takes place at Sound Gallery Studios at Exeter Phoenix in the cultural heart of the city. Sound Gallery's profits are invested in our social inclusion and music enrichment programmes for young people and music industry events. About us: http://www.sound-gallery.net/about/directors
We have a full complement of policies and procedures covering all aspects of our work, including Public liability insurance, Employer liability insurance, Child Protection Policy, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, Equal Opportunities, Confidentiality and Data protection policies. Sound Gallery's work experience programme is approved by the Devon Education Business Partnership scheme.
Due to the significant time demands work experience and all the relevant administrative work can place on a small staff team and a not for profit organisation such as ours, we have found it necessary to charge a small fee to cover administration, training and supervision costs (£40 per day - £200 per week)