This introductory course will provide you with the knowledge
and skills to undertake badger surveys and provide reports in
accordance with best practice guidance. Attendees should be
comfortable with walking outdoors on rough terrain, as the
course will include a visit to a badger sett.
There is an optional evening badger watch for an additional £20.
• Legislation/protection and conservation priorities
• Badger ecology, including sett types
• Identifying field signs and potential confusion with other
• Assessing habitat potential for badgers
• Survey methods, including walkover to identify field signs,
use of trail-cams, infra-red and thermal imaging
technologies, sett watching, use of sticks and hair traps to
monitor activity, sand/clay traps, and bait-marking
• Practical experience of planning and undertaking a sett
survey to current best practice
• Biosecurity precautions and procedures
• Reporting survey results for clients and conservation
• Health and safety considerations
Please email b2ZmaWNlIHwgcmljaGFyZGdyZWVuZWNvbG9neSAhIGNvICEgdWs= for a booking form.
About The Host: The Natural Selection for ecological consultancy, we undertake ecological survey and assessment, provide advice and other ecological services
Website Link: http://www.richardgreenecology.co.uk
Nearby HotelsRichard Green Ecology Ltd, 9C Mill Park Industrial Estate, Exeter, United Kingdom