Karnataka FPO Buyer-Seller Meet 2018
Why FPO Buyer Seller Meet (BSM)?
1. The Department of Horticulture, Government of Karnataka has been nurturing over 92 FPOs (formed as per SFAC guidelines) across Karnataka during the past three years. Like-wise, NABARD has supported formation of over 200 FPOs in Karnataka. Besides there are crop-specific farmer organisations and associations in Karnataka.
2. Most of the FPOs have started business activities (Inputs, animal feed and output business) and have two years of track record.However, many FPOs are struggling to meet their expenses even with large volume of transactions. There are many reasons for that. Mainly, most of them are only using their own capital and have not got access to bank finance yet. Second, most of them have only started input business and are not geared up to do output-based business.
3. The solution lies in enabling FPOs to establish linkages with input and service providers as well as buyers in the market. Besides, FPOs should be provided with knowledge of compliance and conformance so that they get access to formal credit sources from banks and government sponsored financial institutions such as NABKISAN.
4. FPO Buyer Seller Meet, initiated by the department of horticulture, Government of Karnataka and organised by Foretell Business Solutions Private Limited, proposes to achieve the above-mentioned objective.
How will FPO - Buyer Seller Meet work ?
FPO-BSM will facilitate interaction at four levels
1. Knowledge sharing by experts to FPO on subjects such as compliance requirement, preparing for export market, Public Private Partnership models, Centre of Excellence activities etc
2. Information sharing by service providers to FPOs. This will happen mainly from the exhibition booths set-up by the service providers.
3. One-to-one business meeting between service provider and FPO. Based on the information gathered, FPO can further discuss and finalise an arrangement with the service provider through one-to-one business meeting.
4. Peer-learning from other FPOs. It will be facilitated through a workshop where FPOs are encouraged to share their success stories
Benefit to FPOs
1.Opportunity to get bank finance
2.Opportunity to tie-up with input suppliers directly or negotiate better deals
3.Opportunity to connect with institutional buyers of output either for domestic market or exports
4.Awareness about best practises from experts and fellow-farmers
Also check out other Exhibitions in Bangalore, Nonprofit Events in Bangalore, Workshops in Bangalore.
Liked this event? Spread the word :