Dudley CVS Trustees' Week special drop in
Get support, guidance and reassurance for your crucial role.
To mark Trustees' Week (12-16 November), Dudley CVS is inviting new and existing trustees, or people that are curious about being a trustee to a special drop in session where they can learn more about what being a trustee means.
Trustees are the people that are in charge of a charity and they play a crucial role volunteering their time to make sure their charity does everything it is set up to do, meets its obligations and legal duties and works efficiently and effectively to benefit the community. Trustees make important decisions about how their charity works and are ultimately responsible for everything it does.
This drop in will be led by you and we can talk about any area of being a trustee. As a guide, the drop in may be a chance to:
- Find out more about what being a trustee means
- Understand good practice trusteeship
- Share your experiences of being a trustee
- Get answers to your trustee-related questions
- Share any concerns you may have and think about ways you could improve your trustee board
- Learn about the refreshed Charity Governance Code
- Think about how to recruit trustees
- Find out about trustee opportunities or discuss what kinds of charity you may want to get involved with
- Book intensive, longer term support from Dudley CVS staff for your charity and trustees
- Meet other charity trustees
So feel free to drop in for a cuppa and a chat anytime between 10am and 1pm on Thursday 15 November in the DY1 coffee shop.
Also check out other Nonprofit Events in Dudley.
Liked this event? Spread the word :