Thai Massage Diploma
Dates: February 4th to 8th 2019 and May 11th to 14th 2019 (9 days in total)
(suitable for those with A&P qualification . No previous Massage experience necessary)
We are excited to be offering this new Thai Massage Diploma at Golden Egg Holistic!
This course is Delivered by the London Institute of Thai Yoga Massage, these 2 modules form the basis for obtaining the Thai Bodywork Diploma; a professional, certified qualification recognised by FHT and other bodies, including THAI (international).
The London Institute of Thai Yoga Massage offer professional and accredited certified courses and support students to achieve a level of excellence and a passion for the healing art.
Students receive a detailed workbook as part of each module
ESSENTIALS OF THAI MASSAGE, LAYERS AND LINES (MODULE 1) September 2018
Pre requisite:This course is suitable for those with an A&P qualification.
Each day includes theory and practical aspects plus topics from the previous day are recalled.
The topics covered include:
· Practical experience every day in giving and receiving massages. This is a great way of learning about your own body, something that is very important for anyone working in the healing arts.
· Learn multiple techniques to use throughout the massage including compressions, stretching, rubbing, gliding, beating, rolling, squeezing, spreading, unfolding, point pressing, twisting, stepping, kneading and more.
· Daily talks, for example about the history of Thai massage, layers of the body, Wai Kru (Thai self care system/yoga), correct body mechanics, techniques, Sen and channels, elements, Brahmaviharas, Precepts and ethics.
By the end of the course you will be able to confidently give a two-hour Thai Massage.
DEEP TISSUE THAI, COMPRESSION & STRETCH (MODULE 2) February 2019
This module enables students to work with and provide focused and deep pressure with the knowledge and confidence that comes from the next level of training. Through this extra study it will become clearer when to use each technique for the most effective results. We will continue with medical theory and Thai anatomy.
You will learn:
· Deep tissue techniques for structural change, healing, and release
· Techniques for supine, prone, side-lying and seated positions
· Thai and Lanna targeted passive stretch therapies
· Advanced tendon, ligament and nerve treatment techniques
· Daily reusi da ton (Thai self care)
· Daily traditional Thai healing art spiritual practice
· Working with feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs, knees and shins
Natasha de Grunwald (trainer)is the founder and lead educator at the London Institute of Thai Yoga Massage (LITYM). Natasha has been a pioneer of Thai massage in the UK since opening the doors to her busy private practice in 1991. She opened LITYM in 2005, with a vision to develop a training programme that would allow students to become professional and successful Thai massage practitioners, able to share the benefits of this fresh approach to ancient Eastern practice. There are now many graduates practising these therapies.
Natasha has a deep, enduring passion for Thai Yoga massage as well as a dedication to researching and understanding the connection of body, mind and spirit. With over 10 years experience, she continues her own studies in the Thai healing arts in an expansive and abundant manner. She is also a member of the Naga Center Teachers Guild. Natasha is compelled to help people to create something new in their lives.
Each year, she participates in human dissection courses to grow her understanding of the real anatomical and functional aspects of the body so that she is able to share this knowledge with her students. This helps them visualise what they are touching beneath the layers of the skin for a tangible connection with the body through Thai massage.
Natasha’s unique teaching style communicates her passion and is infectious. She creates courses and workshops designed to inspire students and develop a deeper sense of themselves whilst making connections with other through the compassionate and heart-centred approach of the school.
To complete certification, students will need to :
Take a Practical and multiple choice exam and hand in written work
Case Studies: Complete 35 case studies, write a written project (1-3,000 words) and case study summary within 1 year of completing the training
On passing, Students receive FHT Thai Bodywork Diploma – level 1 & 2.
Course Fee: €1400
Exam Fee: €100
Payment plans available at no extra cost.
For further info/Booking, please contact: Catriona Plunkett
Phone: 087 6011797